Cooling Fan Problem

Anton8

Hi 

Seem to have developed a cooling fan problem. After a short run with the engine only just starting to warm up, if I stop, switch off the engine, cooling fans still running, leave for 10 minutes, fans still running. Restart engine, immediately stop engine, fans stop!  Sounds like some solenoid not doing it's work properly. Having a diagnostic check tomorrow, will keep you informed of patients health.

Tony

I can pass on two pieces of advice given to me. 

1) Don't do short journeys in a diesel. 

2) Use a high-quality fuel. I was advised to use Shell V-Power. 

You are fortunate in having an Adblue car as apparently they are less prone to DPF blockages. 

Hi 

Just got back from having the diagnostic check on the car. No fault codes!!! The garage checked every thing, air con, temp sensors, engine temp, nothing.

Drove back home perfectly. Garage took their time checking, and did not charge me.  

Hi

Cooling fans still running on. Went back to the garage with the fans running. Another diagnostic check. There are two engine temp sensors. One reading 87 degrees, second one reading 2000 degrees. I think that might be the problem.