Playing music

SimonO

Hi can anyone point me in the right direction. I have had my 2019 A8 now for 12 months and absolutely love the car however the one area that I find frustrating is playing music so I have to first make sure I'm connected to the wifi and then open my Audi connect app. Is there a better way to stream your music?

Thanks in advance

Simon

• 1 month later...

• 3 weeks later...

Just picked up my A8. D4 2016. Standard Audi OEM  audio system

I'm both an 'audiophile' ( sort of ) and with hearing loss and monster tinnitus ( hence the "sort of" ). You judge my judgements any way you like.

But I would say, I wasn't impressed. Well I mean it was alright, but then I was kind of expecting even the standard system in a A8 to be really good. I  didn't think so.

Wish for the B&O system !

Trouble is usually when I've seen that fitted on one, its tended to be on a "higher" spec involving Stupid-Wheels that make noise. And by the way, I wasn't as impressed as I imagined I would be in the quiet ride stakes - and that was even on 18s with lovely 55 tyre walls.  There might however be positive differences you may find with upgraded glazing on higher spec models ( yet to thoroughly investigate what's on mine ) and also petrol engined models may do better to. These are the examples you'll tend to find the B&O system on, with an occasional 'ordinary' A8 with it fitted. Keep scanning !

As for the older Bose system, I have no experience except a general disdain for the company and experience with certain unrelated products which bear out my general impression. Yet I remain open to refutation by owners with that system fitted .....

Best car hifi I ever heard was the OEM one on a Lincoln Town car in the US ( no idea who made it )

I'd be curious to experience a Mark Levinson system on a Lexus LS.

To the original poster's question. A 2019 A8 should have the capability to stream from your phone, play through SD card, USB direct or through Android Auto or Car Play. 

There is a good overview of the whole system here

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.pocket-lint.com/cars/news/audi/140154-audi-mmi-infotainment-tech-review-explored-cars.amphtml

None of them will make the speakers / sound quality any better.... 

• 5 weeks later...
On 5/22/2021 at 9:58 PM, Meow said:

Just picked up my A8. D4 2016. Standard Audi OEM  audio system

I'm both an 'audiophile' ( sort of ) and with hearing loss and monster tinnitus ( hence the "sort of" ). You judge my judgements any way you like.

But I would say, I wasn't impressed. Well I mean it was alright, but then I was kind of expecting even the standard system in a A8 to be really good. I  didn't think so.

Wish for the B&O system !

Trouble is usually when I've seen that fitted on one, its tended to be on a "higher" spec involving Stupid-Wheels that make noise. And by the way, I wasn't as impressed as I imagined I would be in the quiet ride stakes - and that was even on 18s with lovely 55 tyre walls.  There might however be positive differences you may find with upgraded glazing on higher spec models ( yet to thoroughly investigate what's on mine ) and also petrol engined models may do better to. These are the examples you'll tend to find the B&O system on, with an occasional 'ordinary' A8 with it fitted. Keep scanning !

As for the older Bose system, I have no experience except a general disdain for the company and experience with certain unrelated products which bear out my general impression. Yet I remain open to refutation by owners with that system fitted .....

Yes i am worried  the Bose sound system  will be naff

Very few A8s will have the B&O system installed and they will tend to be the higher end specs, that perhaps you don't need / have screened out from your searches /  ( price does that automatically for you ! )

I was really surprised at how ordinary the standard system on my base spec A8 actually is. Not bad, but just not high end car expectation good.

Maybe the Bose will surprise you. I have no idea beyond my prejudices. If I was given the choice, I'd want the Bose over standard, simply on the assumption it will be decent as its a higher system supposedly - and it maybe is. I'm going to guess you might want to trim back the bass in practice to get clarity.

• 3 months later...