Front Speakers .

Greavsy

Morning. New to the group and after some advice please.  The front door speakers on my 2009 A3 Sportback When playing the radio they sound crackly, like interference ? When playing CD's they're fine.  Has anyone else experienced this / are the radio's known for playing up ?  It's the factory fit Symphony model.. Thanks, Kev.

Good day Kevin. Bearing in mind that I know nothing about audio, the only the thing I can imagine that would interfere with radio but not disc player would be the aerial. Perhaps check the connection at the back of the set to start with.

• 3 weeks later...

Good Morning.. Further to my speaker interference problem. Over the weekend I noticed the "crackling" sounds are on both Radio and CD, so it must be the door  speakers at fault. !  What have people replaced original speakers with ?  Thanks , Kev.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2021 at 12:01 PM, TEC_DESIGNS_8PA said:

Are the rear speakers fine? Just a thought but if they are fine then you could have a frayed wire. Possibly caused by a window regulator change. A wire might have got caught or damaged. 

Hi.  Yes the Rears seem ok.  After a bit of messing around with the Stereo controls yesterday, it appears it's the Drivers side speaker at fault. I really need to get the door card off to investigate.

Hi,  So  I have replaced the Front door speakers and everything seems fine now.  I can't find anything on the speaker to suggest what the fault was ??  I was expecting to find a break in the cone at least but nothing ? 

3 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Hi,  So  I have replaced the Front door speakers and everything seems fine now.  I can't find anything on the speaker to suggest what the fault was ??  I was expecting to find a break in the cone at least but nothing ? 

How odd, glad you've fixed it though 🙂 did you get the same speakers or uprated ones? 

Hi Steve. Yes very strange.. ?  I've replaced the originals with a pair of Alpine SPG-17C2.  My son bought these a while ago but didn't use them.  (he's emigrated now, so I don't think he'll need them  🤞).   So I thought I'd try them to see if they solved the problem, which they appear to have done.

5 hours ago, Greavsy said:

Hi Steve. Yes very strange.. ?  I've replaced the originals with a pair of Alpine SPG-17C2.  My son bought these a while ago but didn't use them.  (he's emigrated now, so I don't think he'll need them  🤞).   So I thought I'd try them to see if they solved the problem, which they appear to have done.

Fantastic, hope they've improved the sound quality too 🙂

Hi Steve.   Yes, I'm glad I have it sorted.  The sound quality is improved too..   The original speakers are Blaupunkt so I wouldn't have thought they were rubbish anyway.