AUDI S7 BRAKE DISC

BigKel

Does anyone know where I can purchase front disc for my Audi S7 2015 at a relatively good price, and if I don't have to by originals then what's the next best make?

Hello Kelly,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum.

It seems you want to buy just one disc, which is at odds with the convention of only replacing discs in pairs across the same axle. Any particular reason for one?
 Also, I take it you are aware that it isn’t good practice to simply renew discs without renewing the brake  pads at the same time. 
If not using genuine VAG parts, then my personal aftermarket choice would be Brembo. You should find what you want at competitive prices via. an eBay search. 

Kind regards, 

Gareth.

Thanks for replying. No I'm looking to purchase pair front disc and even though brake pads are only 30% worn I realise that you should replace them as well. I've been quoted £1400 to replace disc and pads by Audi.

Ok  Kelly, we now know you want to buy a pair of discs and a set of pads, and hopefully want to buy quality parts at best possible prices. 
For discs, I would go for Brembo - I just fitted some on on our A3 - purchased off eBay by choosing to the best-price-with best-service seller. VAG discs are expensive even with discount. 
For pads, I would really stick with genuine VAG only (in caps). 
Try Aberdeen Audi, who will normally supply at discount and mail order. Malcolm is your man there. 
Hope this helps.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 
p.s. Once you have your parts, you should then be able to get your trusted local garage to fit them. 

On 4/9/2021 at 7:47 PM, Magnet said:

Ok  Kelly, we now know you want to buy a pair of discs and a set of pads, and hopefully want to buy quality parts at best possible prices. 
For discs, I would go for Brembo - I just fitted some on on our A3 - purchased off EBay by choosing to the best-price-with best-service seller. VAG discs are expensive even with discount. 
For pads, I would really stick with genuine VAG only (in caps). 
Try Aberdeen Audi, who will normally supply at discount and mail order. Malcolm is your man there. 
Hope this helps.

Kind regards, 

Gareth. 
p.s. Once you have your parts, you should then be able to get your trusted local garage to fit them. 

VAG pads were £295. (Actually made by Pagid)

The same brand pads were £44 from Europarts.

Remember Audi don't make pads, they buy them in from numerous manufacturers. 

I got Discs and pads for around £120. Both from Pagid.

Perfect for the last 20,000 miles. Absolutely no problems.

Half an hour per side to fit them, simple!

Many thanks Michael, 

VAG pads actually made by Pagid (as opposed to Pagid being to OE standard) - new to me, but could be true. 

What I understand is that Pagid are exclusively retailed by Euro Car Parts, and of course Pagid supply to ECP. 
That leaves the all important question:- Is the specification of aftermarket parts made for ECP exactly the same as that supplied direct to Audi? 
Good and meaningful question I think.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

You have a nice fast car. You don't have a Formula 1 car!

They are brake pads.  Dont overthink it!

Lots of great brands out there. Pay for Brembo if you wish, but they are pretty average. 

Race pads are not necessary on the roads (constant heavy braking every 15-20 seconds).

But nothing warrants paying almost £300 for pads that come in an Audi box?

Most people won't even know what brand they have fitted, but will know their car brakes well.

Your call.

Thanks...I contacted Euro Car Parts but they don't stock the Audi brake disc and other places I've checked have said that they would have to got directly to Audi to purchase them. My only concern would be to fit aftermarket parts and then couple months time having to replace because of juddering etc, hence why I asked the question if anyone with a S7 have had same issue or had fitted aftermarket parts without any problems on the S7.

Hello Kelly, 

Varying opinions are great, and I respect Michael’s, although he is yet to answer the clarifying questions. 
I am happy to stick with my opinion, based on the first change of pads on our ‘humble’ A3, when reasonably branded aftermarket pads were fitted. Once bedded in, it was obvious that the braking efficiency was nowhere as good as it was with the original pads - even with a normal non-enthusiastic driving style. 
Outcome:- after a couple of months of dissatisfied use, the pads were changed for genuine VAG, at which point the braking efficiency was returned to what it was. 
So for me, brake-pads-are-brake-pads-are-brake-pads has proved to be a myth, so ever since, I have spent once and wisely, and that principle has stood me in good stead. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.