New member - 2018MY A7 First question

Hi,

New to the forum. Excited to have just picked up 2018MY A7 50TDI. Great deal from dealership I've bought from before.

(If you're buying any car now, it's worth negotiating if buying now! In my case, they matched a private sale price!)

Anyway, I got it home and couldn't find the owners manual. When I asked the dealer they said it was all online in the MMI now.

Does anyone know whether that's true or just salesperson patter??

(I can't believe this as the manuals contain useful info like warning light info, oil grade to use etc.)

Hello David, 

Many thanks for being in touch with the forum, and pleased to hear about the new car.

Re. the handbook:- I must say that I share your scepticism about the lack of a printed copy of the handbook. If this were mine, I would be ringing the Parts Dept. of another local dealer and explain that you have mislaid the handbook and wish to buy a a new one. The response to that approach should be meaningful and useful. 
It could well be that (understandably?) the salesman feels that you had such a good deal that you can now afford to buy what is missing. 
The forum would be interested to know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth.