Would an 'ECU remap' make a difference?

Sammyrai

Hi, 

I have a 2.0 TFSI petrol engine in my 2008 A4 cabrio. The spec says this is around 200bhp

I know that some people can get more performance out of their engine through some ECU changes.

My question is, if I was to go down this route, a) what kind of performance improvement could I expect and b) are there any adverse impacts to the reliability or passing emissions tests of the car?

(I know it will likely burn more fuel)

Just trying to figure out if this is worth considering...

7 hours ago, Sammyrai said:

Hi, 

I have a 2.0 TFSI petrol engine in my 2008 A4 cabrio. The spec says this is around 200bhp

I know that some people can get more performance out of their engine through some ECU changes.

My question is, if I was to go down this route, a) what kind of performance improvement could I expect and b) are there any adverse impacts to the reliability or passing emissions tests of the car?

(I know it will likely burn more fuel)

Just trying to figure out if this is worth considering...

Hi yes you will get more performance, yes the emissions will go up and in view of the age of the car and possibly high milage its like trying to get an eighty year old to do an assault course.

Steve.

8 minutes ago, Stevey Y said:

Hi yes you will get more performance, yes the emissions will go up and in view of the age of the car and possibly high milage its like trying to get an eighty year old to do an assault course.

Steve.

Haha, fair enough 🙂

I don't want to risk emissions causing an MOT failure on this geriatric.

Just enjoy the car as is especially with the summer coming, and when the time is right just get something newer and with more Horses, but make sure you do it before the Mayor demands you own one of the new upmarket golf buggies.

Steve.