Fitting a Nextbase dashcam to an Audi A6 C7

SuffolkBoi

Hi all,

Does anyone here have a C7 Audi A6 with a nextbase dash cam which they've hardwired? I've taken mine out of my old car and want to hard wire it into my A6 but I've seen so much conficting information about which fuse to piggy back on to.

At the moment, I'm thinking fuse A10 on the drivers side which is for the garage door opener, parking aid and night vision assist. The only thing my car has our of those is the parking aid.

Or, could I just use a blank space (assuming I can find one that goes off with the ignition).

Thanks in advance.

Hi I did mine by powering it from one of the spare fuse ports in the drivers side fuse box, from memory it was one that was in the green squared bit, the only other bit of advice is if you plumb in the rear camera run the cable along the plastic trims where the carpet joins the rocker panels on the sill as this will help by keeping the cable away from the DAB amplifier in the headlining, you will still have to buy a pack of ferrite suppression clips to stop the bit that goes from the headlining to the back window otherwise it just wipes out the DAB signal because the cables are cheap Chinese rubbish and get voltage leaks.

Steve.