Audi A6 C7 2.0TDI part identification

brens-a6

hi all

my sons A6 ( C7) TDI has exhaust fumes entering the car and i tracked it down to a split in a pipe.

the pipe is arrowed in the attached pic and if someone can tell me what 's it called and its function that would be a great help.

thank in advance

brendan

audi-part.jpg

Hi, its definitely as Kev said an EGR feed pipe unless you can see an actual split in the pipe itself I would suspect a faulty gasket on which end of it I would not care to speculate but I seriously doubt its the pipe itself as they are constructed with some sort of stainless steel, and if you remove it best policy is change both gaskets. by the looks of the photo someone has already had a go at stopping the leak on the flange with what looks like exhaust jointing paste, that won't fly.

Regards Steve.

hi Steve

thanks for the help. As you say it must be coming from the gasket at the rear of the pipe work and upon further inspection there is a bolt ( snapped ?)  under all that paste. I really really HATE HATE bodge jobs must have been done by one of the previous owners aggghhhhhh. 

Anyhows I will get the 2 gaskets and the 4 bolts and hopefully my mechanic can tap out the snapped/replace the missing bolt.

thanks for the help and is there a website that i could get the part numbers from ?

regards

brendan

Hi Bren, have a look on eBay or alternatively go to your local spares shop they should be able to get them from the Reg/VIN they are around about £15 quid from memory, it goes without saying the previous owner had the leak and obviously thought over tightening the flange bolt was better than buying a new set of gaskets then all his learned mates wound him up down the boozer about the cost of the repair so he sold the car.

Steve.

• Like 1