For sale 20+ year Audi TT Roadster 112K genuine miles

NEILALEX56

Hi everyone. Unsure of the dos and donts for the forum, if necessary, mediators please advise. Selling wife's adored X-reg (2000) TT Quattro 1.8 Roadster. 112K genuine miles. 2nd owner for 16 years. Beautiful Amulet red (rare?) + black hood. Years ago was keyed along doors, headlights etc, but no major dents no crashes. Three years in Spain did for the lacquer/paint on the bonnet. Recent failure of slave cylinder/clutch est cost £800+. There are other repairs needed which we are happy to discuss in full and honestly. A project for a member who knows what s/he is doing. My wife would love that to happen. Based in Bromsgrove, Worcs. Car at local garage following vehicle recovery. Ring to discuss: Neil 07787 108076 or if unavailable Tricia 07923 567027

Hello Neil,

Many thanks for being in touch with the forum about your wife’s TT - it sounds an interesting project. 
Having given a very useful description of the car, could I suggest posting some photos and stating an asking price - along the lines of ‘....offers over £x....’ 

Many thanks and kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth. Many thanks for your prompt reply. The garage is a few miles away and we only have/had the one beloved car. When we're next walking into town, I'll take some fotos but we are going to fully explain everything that's wrong and right with it including what photographs can't easily show. As regards price, we have no idea what to suggest. We were hoping that when a member spoke to us and got a very good overview of what was required to get it going again (the garage where it's located would, I'm sure, explain what they saw) then saw the vehicle, s/he would give us a fair price. Naive? Possibly. But selling 20+ year old cars is not our forte. Thanks again.

Many thanks Neil,

I think your ‘honesty on enquiry’ principle is to be applauded, but if we are reading this correctly, it needs a total respray due to key damage and lacquer issues, and would appear ( recovered to garage)  to have some current issue which results in it not been a going concern, and taking photos presents some difficulty.

Can the garage take some photos of it for you? 
Re. value?? The known, and yet to be declared faults probably restricts its value to ‘ is it going cost far more than it’s worth to put it right...’? Probably yes. 
Not sure if this is going to assist in getting your mind around what - above scrap value - will be a realistic amount to accept, or expect someone to pay. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Clutch/slave cylinder (internal?) repair essential. Complete respray eventually and other repairs but was driving well with 4/12 MoT remaining. If cars like this aren't of interest for restoring to their former glory then fine... we'll scrap. Appreciate your input Gareth. Here are some fotos... personalised number plate not included.IMG_7497.thumb.JPG.c864b7a8bd51aab0545103e63bfc7249.JPG

IMG_7489.JPG

IMG_7490.JPG

IMG_7493.JPG

IMG_7495.JPG

IMG_7496.JPG

IMG_7498.JPG

IMG_7500.JPG

IMG_7503.JPG

IMG_7506.JPG

IMG_7508.JPG

IMG_7512.JPG

IMG_7515.JPG

IMG_7518.JPG

IMG_7519.JPG

IMG_7524.JPG

IMG_7536.JPG

IMG_7541.JPG

IMG_7563.JPG

IMG_7565.JPG

IMG_7566.JPG

IMG_7571.JPG

• Confused 1

Many thanks Neil,

That’s great. I’m sure the photos will help potential buyers to better understand its condition. 

Hello Kev,

’nooooo don’t scrap it...’ 

Just incase there is any confusion, there wasn’t any suggestion to scrap it, but simply use the current scrap value in conjunction with the cost of all repairs, so that a potential buyer can work out the difference in buying this and spending on it, as opposed to buying an oven-ready, drive away example. 
That logic seems sound in my book. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.