Low oil

AudiA8L

Just bought an 2012 A8L with 160,000kms and it has the low oil light on. 
I assume there’s no dipstick so do you just add 100ml of oil at a time until the oil level is okay? 
Thanks in advance 

36 minutes ago, AudiA8L said:

Just bought an 2012 A8L with 160,000kms and it has the low oil light on. 
I assume there’s no dipstick so do you just add 100ml of oil at a time until the oil level is okay? 
Thanks in advance 

Hi good skills as it is easier to add oil than try to get it back out, the MMI oil level indicator is ok but I don't really trust it, so like so many others I am trying to source a Dipstick to put in the blanked off bit, in saying that the pre sixteen Audi models with the bigger engines seem to be easier to get in the UK and cheaper, the only Dipsticks I can find for my 2.0 CNHA engine are in America and with the postage the same as the item £40 its a bit steep for a spring steel rod with a plastic end.

Steve.

Hello Graham, 

Many thanks for being in touch with the forum.

Since you have only just bought it, why not treat it to an oil and filter change, using the correct grade and handbook-stated quantity of oil, so you know it will then be at the correct level, and you can monitor it from there. Start off from a good base point by using say, Quantum oil, and a genuine VAG filter. If not using a Vag filter, then I would only use Mann or Bosch as aftermarket alternative. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.