Oil in watter

Shauny1311

Got a 2007 A3 20tdi 170 bin remapped to 200 got oil in watter had new oil cooler had new head gasket new cilinder head new injeters new radiator and more but oil still in coolent.please help..... Could it be.caused by rong remapping??

Hi the remap won't cause oil in the water, being as you have just about changed anything that leaks I rather suspect the garage involved has not spent a lot of time flushing the water system, I did a vauxhall Astra oil cooler for my neighbour last year during the lockdown and it took longer to flush the system than it did to do the cooler, despite our best efforts he still gets the odd bit of mayonnaise in the expansion tank but the car runs fine and has been down to North Devon and back a couple of times with no problems.

Steve.

What else could it be brought the car in Dec 2017 got home and seen the oil in water. changed oil cooler still no joy. madley took engine out brought new cilinder head all new gaskets for engine had it skimed and the ports bored so new head aswell ov new oil cooler new rad new thermostat new injeters and more..garige gave it bake and a week latter happens again..lost buying the car and what I spent I'm over 10 grand could the egr play a part in it

23 minutes ago, Shauny1311 said:

What else could it be brought the car in Dec 2017 got home and seen the oil in water. changed oil cooler still no joy. madley took engine out brought new cilinder head all new gaskets for engine had it skimed and the ports bored so new head aswell ov new oil cooler new rad new thermostat new injeters and more..garige gave it bake and a week latter happens again..lost buying the car and what I spent I'm over 10 grand could the egr play a part in it

Hi could be the EGR if its water cooled they can sometimes leak but that would manifest itself as exhaust gas pressurising the water system, is it a lot of oil or are we talking small globules of emulsified oil as long as the water jacket is not full of it along with the expansion tank you are ok just live with it and monitor the presence of the oil, the only other thing is a perforation in the oil galleries in the block and if that was the case the water would be in the sump oil as well.

Steve.

3 hours ago, Shauny1311 said:

I had to drive it to work and on the moter way it came up with warning sign on dash with a line and a number 2 what could of that ment thanks

Hi sorry I cant help with that one, the only way to diagnose most problems is to plug in and read the codes have you any access to diagnostic equipment, a lot of people use OBD Eleven which is cheap to purchase and very accurate and can be run on your phone, if other than the light the car ran ok it would not be a major fault.

Steve.

6 hours ago, Shauny1311 said:

Can u get oil in water through falty egr valve??

Hi NO as previously posted if the water jacket on the EGR cooler is perforated it normally pressurises the water system with exhaust gas, no oil involved, if you can post a description of what the oil in the water looks like, emulsified= white sludge or just plain black that would be very helpful.

Steve.