Audi A7 N/S/F door speaker distortion noise

NJP10

Only had my Audi A7 a few weeks now, and just last week I noticed a distortion noise from the front passenger side speaker, So annoying!! this is whilst playing from any media source too, and is also intermittent, not constant at all.  I've rang around a few local ICE places, all with random conclusions. One suggests it could be the amp that's blown a channel, Halfords Stores:- first place suggests replacing with £15 4" standard speakers!! Second store initially said 6.5" speakers, then said the car's too new so it needs to be the original fitment from Audi (Part No. 4G2035415) Yet Leicester Audi suggested fitting after market speakers from ICE centres for much improved sound quality. Another local place said it can be replaced by 8" 2-way speakers.  Audi are totally useless they can only advise what the car was factory fitted with which is Part No.4G2035415 but can not advise on dimensions, Great Help! 

Therefore can you guys point me in the right direction please, any advise will be greatly appreciated, thank you in advance.

Edited by NJP10
spelling mistake

• 2 weeks later...

Yes mate just on the front passenger side, but the annoying thing is it doesn’t distort all the time, in fact at the moment it’s been fine. 

• 10 months later...
On 5/11/2021 at 11:22 PM, NJP10 said:

Yes mate just on the front passenger side, but the annoying thing is it doesn’t distort all the time, in fact at the moment it’s been fine. 

Did you ever get this resolved? I think I have the same rumble/ distortion out of the drivers side speakers. 
it starts intermittently and lasts maybe 4 or 5 days then fixes itself, then two weeks later or longer starts up again. Wholly annoying and had fixed itself when I booked it into the garage… didn’t start again for a month. 

1 hour ago, JRA7 said:

Did you ever get this resolved? I think I have the same rumble/ distortion out of the drivers side speakers. 
it starts intermittently and lasts maybe 4 or 5 days then fixes itself, then two weeks later or longer starts up again. Wholly annoying and had fixed itself when I booked it into the garage… didn’t start again for a month. 

Hi mate, Yeah I had the same issue very intermittent it was, but I ended up changing the speaker itself, and problem solved, think it was around £45+vat from Audi, wasn’t in stock so they ordered from the factory.

• 2 years later...

Just bought a 2017 A7 sline with 50000miles absolutely lovely, 

Had an sound issue with front speakers 

found both front midrange speakers cracking intermittently, ordered a pair of speakers from the dealer €50 each plus tax, when I removed them I found that both had failed in the same way, the center core had become detached from the paper, so anyone with interference on front speakers pull off the door cards and check, they were available next day so it must be a common problem 

That’s good to know, my passenger door  speaker has been fine since, touch wood so are all the others 🤞🏽