Throttle response issue

Smiccers

My 06 A4 has throttle issues. 

Slight shaking of the car when idle. Also when driving gently the response of throttle is juddering and delayed any advice would be appreciated. 

Chris

1 hour ago, Smiccers said:

Throttle actuator diagnosis but there is a brand new throttle body fitted 

Did the garage or whoever fitted it readapt the new throttle via the diagnostics as if you don't do this when its fitted it will run like bag of nails.

Steve.

Thank you for the reply Steve. 

I bought the car with eml on the first thing was glow plug 3 so fixed. Then throttle actuator popped up. 

Mechanic looked at throttle body and said this looks very new. Then mentioned it could be an after market part. 

In fairness the throttle body looks absolutely brand new. I did a little you tubing and some say egr and throttle body both need replacing. I'm totally green to mechanics but it's seeming kinda costly 

Readapt? Sorry Steve I'm unsure what that means. 

I love my audi's I've had a few. 

It's only an 06 but I want to look after it and get the most out of looking after it. Maybe the mechanic isn't audi enough eh? 

13 minutes ago, Smiccers said:

Just to be clear Steve. 

I never had this throttle body fitted. It was already in the engine when I bought it. 

Hi, ask your mechanic if he has the equipment to do the readapting process try that first it is possible the previous owner did not do this, as you seem to report no other codes with regard to the EGR unless you have a flag for it leave all alone, it may be that if the adaptation won't work it could be a Chinese special from eurocarparts, educate your self and go on youtube and plumb in VAG throttle body adaptation and you will see what I am on about.

Regards Steve.

21 hours ago, Smiccers said:

Thank you so much Steve I will keep you updated mate. I've only just registered here on audi owners and hope your wisdom pays off 👍

Cheers mate, I hope it pans out for you, the problem is its armchair diagnostic that has come from experience and sometimes I can get it wrong but can only advise on the info given I wish you luck.