MAF Issue

DonG59

17 hours ago, DonG59 said:

Hi Steve, thanks very much and will do. Don

Hi Don sorry I could not have helped more but I have always regarded auto/DSG boxes with healthy suspicion as in seventeen years of being a cabbie in a hilly area I have witnessed catastrophic failure and eyewatering repair costs if forced to go to a VAG dealer so generally speaking I have avoided them, they do make for a lovely drive but are not practical for what I do but I definitely think the guys I suggested are worth a phone call.

Regards Steve.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Steve, I've done 500 miles since the gearbox oil change and it's running fine. My mechanic said the oil that came out was very dark. 

Don

On 6/6/2021 at 2:06 PM, DonG59 said:

Hi Steve, I've done 500 miles since the gearbox oil change and it's running fine. My mechanic said the oil that came out was very dark. 

Don

Happy days, it sort of bears out my pet theory that if it has a drain plug and a filler plug it aint sealed for life, well done Don this post may well give others on this site another less expensive solution.

Steve.

• 3 months later...

Hi Steve, thanks again for your help. I've forgotten my password so it won't let me answer to your last message, and it only allowed me to read the first two lines. Luckily you mentioned PCM, so I went down that angle. I searched you tube and the was a video with exactly same symptoms as mine. Solution was to change relays 457 and 645 and it has solved the issue.

Thanks again, you seem to be my go to man for my problems.

Can't understand why I can reply on here, but not to your message. Still waiting for Audi Owners Club for a pw reset.

Kind Regards

Don

4 hours ago, DonG59 said:

Hi Steve, thanks again for your help. I've forgotten my password so it won't let me answer to your last message, and it only allowed me to read the first two lines. Luckily you mentioned PCM, so I went down that angle. I searched you tube and the was a video with exactly same symptoms as mine. Solution was to change relays 457 and 645 and it has solved the issue.

Thanks again, you seem to be my go to man for my problems.

Can't understand why I can reply on here, but not to your message. Still waiting for Audi Owners Club for a pw reset.

Kind Regards

Don

Hi Don glad you got it sorted, from what you say I would assume that the remap put to much strain on the relays changing up/down faster these cars are pretty twitchy with the monitored sensors and mucking about with this is way over my pay grade.

Steve.

Hi Steve, for some reason I can only see the first two lines of you last msg again. It says to read msg I must sign in. Yet I'm signed in here, but not to reply to your msg. Again I've tried for pw reset and no reply from Audi Owners. Do you think it's best to get remap again and see if relays can take it this time. Put your advice in first two lines.

Thanks Steve.

• 1 month later...

Hi Steve, can I pick your brain again please. Not sure If I'll be able to read your answer because I still can't reset it. Can you email me on don.gibson@msn.com