Audi s3 traction issues

Tannerz

Hi guys need some help I've got an audi s3 300 2016 I recently changed tyres from the Michelin pilot sport 4 too the pilot sport 4s and now all I'm getting is constant traction light flickering if I turn the traction off it seems like it drives like it should but have noticed more power is going to the front wheels and in the wet it just wheel spins the front wheels. It's pretty dangerous aswel ive nearly gone in to the curb a few times. Thought it was my haldex system so had haldex service and replaced pump but still nothing has changed. Surely it's the tyres. Has any one had similar problems after changing tyres ? 

Most likely the tyres and to be fair I think the quattro system sends most power to front wheels normally. Might be worth getting a diagnostic check in case there's an issue with traction control. 

On 4 wheel drives you should keep all 4 tyres at a similar tread depth - on VWs it is around 3mm max difference - otherwise I think it can cause damage/wind up to the transmission. 

As mentioned above, the quattro system tends to default to front wheel drive and adapts if necessary, so checking the tread on all 4 tyres is a good start. You might be inadvertently winding up your transmission. 

It's something that I hadn't thought about because my VW was "always on" 4 wheel drive so it sounds like you need to rotate front and rear tyres for even wear with quattro drive. 

5 minutes ago, Shytot said:

Sorry - double posted and can't delete it

Edited by Shytot
Duplicate

Cheers for replying guys I will let you know if I fix this issue. Has totally changed the car with this issue and after spending 600 on new tyres I'm fuming. Have seen a few posts on these same tyres causing the same problem on the rs3 so hopefully it's just these tyres what the 4wd system doesn't like will keep you updated thanks again