Selection Switch for Mirror-Adjust (E48

Andyhllmn

Door mirrors did not want to operate the other day took 3 attempts to get them to unfold. Ran a scan with Carly and got this Selection Switch for Mirror-Adjust (E48) is this simply a new switch as cleared the codes scanned again and error not there so not folding the mirrors at the moment just in case.

Hello Andy, 

This could be as simple as the folding mechanism needing some assisted lubrication - try a little WD40 as a start. 
if indeed you do have switch issues ( which would be unusual) then if you don’t have the knowledge or equipment to check that, then you would be best advised to buy an hour’s labour with a trusted local auto electrician. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Another ongoing issue I have is the airbag light comes on when the mornings are cold. Scan reports error 00558 drivers side airbag N95 below minimum. Been looking at forums till I’m blue in the face and the plug under the seat gets mentioned a lot. Planning on cutting the plugs and splicing the wires. If I clear the code then all is good until the next cold morning 

• 1 year later...
On 5/6/2021 at 7:21 PM, Magnet said:

Hello Andy, 

This could be as simple as the folding mechanism needing some assisted lubrication - try a little WD40 as a start. 
if indeed you do have switch issues ( which would be unusual) then if you don’t have the knowledge or equipment to check that, then you would be best advised to buy an hour’s labour with a trusted local auto electrician. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth,

The driver's side mirror on my C7 Avant has stubbornly remained in the up position since the last few days. I tried the WD40 option, but to no avail. I can adjust the mirror glass, it's the housng that does not move.

The OBD11 scan on the driver's door is attached. 

Mirror1.thumb.jpg.7e3e29838666cb1d4935d2fa01520db4.jpg

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Might be worth you disconnecting it and cleaning the terminals to see if it's that or a loose wire etc. 

I have searched for instructions on how to remove the wing mirror in its entirety, but can only find videos on how to replace the glass. Would the terminals for the motor be accessible if just the glass were removed?

10 hours ago, yay 6 said:

I have searched for instructions on how to remove the wing mirror in its entirety, but can only find videos on how to replace the glass. Would the terminals for the motor be accessible if just the glass were removed?

No, I don't think so. I think you'd have to remove the door card. Alternatively you could remove the fuse and put it back in to see if that resets it.