Clutch pedal high

Red Robbo

Hi everyone 

I've only just introduced myself, and already a question. 

Only owned my B9 A4 (2017) for 24 hours, but out of the blue, my clutch pedal went around 2 inches higher than the other 2 pedals.

When i got out of the car, a beige/off white plastic tube was on the mat.

I guess it's some sort of peddle stop, but from where? I briefly looked, after twisting myself to look up to the pedal, but couldn't immediately see where it's broken or worked loose from.

Any ideas guys?

I have no trouble changing gear, but the pedal is a proper nuisance being so high.

Thanks

Hello Ian,

I seem to recall a similar post within the last 18 months or so, so worth doing a search. 
Re. - only owned it for 24 hours..... Did you buy it from a dealer?
If so, it should be returned for the dealer to sort it. 
If not, and you have to resort to sorting it, as you have found, the assembly is just ‘unfriendly located’ and I would suggest the car is placed in the hands of a trusted independent who will have the necessary experience of exactly what to get and how to fit it - otherwise it’s likely to be a right fiddle. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

All sorted. The plastic tube goes through a hole in the clutch pedal, then through the master cylinder rod and into the the other side of the pedal, then twist and lock. The cylinder rod is then secured to the pedal. Not the best of ideas, and i'm gonna assume it'll fall out again. Possibly a soon to be common issue, as there are a couple of posts about this. 

Also, it helps to be a contortionist and slim, which I'm neither 😄, so a big thanks to my Bro for damaging his rib cage!👍

No trim was removed,and it was fixed by way of feel, as not much could be seen behind the trim.

As for returning the car to the dealer, you're absolutely right, but i purchased the car from Peterborough, so didn't fancy traipsing 130 odd miles, for a small tube type connection fix ..... with my clutch plunger/rod not connected to the clutch pedal.

Thanks for the reply guys 👍

• Like 1

So glad you got it sorted, and thank you for telling us how to fix it, as you say others had had similar issues abd not got back to us on how they fixed it. I'm sure your reply will help others 

• 2 months later...
On 5/8/2021 at 7:47 AM, Steve Q said:

So glad you got it sorted, and thank you for telling us how to fix it, as you say others had had similar issues abd not got back to us on how they fixed it. I'm sure your reply will help others 

Same just happened to my 2017 A4. Got mine back in and then it popped out again a couple days later, maybe didn’t get it locked in position properly, the pin has a toothed end, I’m going to try and get a bit into the end of it and hopefully lock it that way.