Apple CarPlay. Does it have it?

CraigR1977

Hi all, 

Should be picking up our 2018 A6 Avant S line this week if the dvla get the finger out and send our V5. 
When I went to look at the car, I forgot to check if it had CarPlay. Does anyone know if it was a standard or part of a tech pack upgrade? 

Thanks 

Its not on my 2016 C7 with Tech Pack - I recall it being a selectable option before becoming standard shortly before the C8 was released. If you are lucky you will have it 

50 minutes ago, Envy said:

Its not on my 2016 C7 with Tech Pack - I recall it being a selectable option before becoming standard shortly before the C8 was released. If you are lucky you will have it 

Thanks mate, time will tell 🤣

It doesn’t have CarPlay. So we don’t have usb connectors but we do have the AMI plug under the centre arm rest. Are these worth using? It plays media from the phone via Bluetooth anyway. 

19 minutes ago, CraigR1977 said:

It doesn’t have CarPlay. So we don’t have usb connectors but we do have the AMI plug under the centre arm rest. Are these worth using? It plays media from the phone via Bluetooth anyway. 

The AMI will charge the phone and you can control the phone from the steering wheel buttons.

• Like 1

Unless it was selected at options level the Phone tray does not have wireless charging, it will amplify GSM signal so worth keeping phone there on all counts of legality and practicality. I am surprised you do not have 2 x USB and a 3.5mm Jack point in centre console too. Does it have the SD cards and SIM slot in MMI facia in dash? Between my iPhone the SD Cards and a USB flash drive I have all the music I can eat. The Command button on the steering wheel initiates the voice commands. I use one USB socket in centre console to charge phone. 

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Envy said:

Unless it was selected at options level the Phone tray does not have wireless charging, it will amplify GSM signal so worth keeping phone there on all counts of legality and practicality. I am surprised you do not have 2 x USB and a 3.5mm Jack point in centre console too. Does it have the SD cards and SIM slot in MMI facia in dash? Between my iPhone the SD Cards and a USB flash drive I have all the music I can eat. The Command button on the steering wheel initiates the voice commands. I use one USB socket in centre console to charge phone. 

I’ll double check when I get home tonight, but I’m sure all that’s there is the AMI port and a 12v socket. 
On the MMI facia I might again be wrong, but sure it’s just 2 SD card slots. 

Just as I thought above ami port and 12v socket only. The option code is 7T2 which just says :Navigation System (LOW). I’ll pick up one of the AMI leads. There’s a few different colours on the collars  though, yellow seems to be the most common one.