Audi E-tron GT test drive

Obasa
聽Share

On 5/12/2021 at 4:38 AM, Obasa said:

Hi all,

I have booked a test drive at my local Audi showroom and they are waiting for the car to arrive shortly. Has anyone else booked or driven the electric Audi?

https://www.audi.co.uk/e-tron-gt.html

Regards

Olu

I'll be interested to see how you find it 馃槉 please keep us posted. I've moved this to our new e Tron section.聽

Steve,

I am still waiting for the showrrom to contact me saying the car has been delivered. I will come back with a full report. 馃槒 Excellent and thank you for the new e Tron section 馃槃

Edited by Obasa

1 hour ago, Obasa said:

Steve,

I am still waiting for the showrrom to contact me saying the car has been delivered. I will come back with a full report. 馃槒 Excellent and thank you for the new e Tron section 馃槃

Fantastic, looking forward to the update 馃檪聽 you're most welcome 馃檪

Just to let you know the Audi e-tron GT has arrived at my local showrrom and I will be test driving it on Tuesday 25 May 2021 at midday - I cannot wait!! 馃榾

1 hour ago, Obasa said:

Just to let you know the Audi e-tron GT has arrived at my local showrrom and I will be test driving it on Tuesday 25 May 2021 at midday - I cannot wait!! 馃榾

Exciting stuff! Keep.us posted on how you get on buddy 馃檪

• Like 1

Well...what can I say!?!馃槑 I was one of the first in the country to have the opportunity to test drive the new Audi e-tron GT and on my own without any passengers or salemen. I couldn't believe when they said he is the key and off you go. 馃憤 The first think I noticed was the beautiful body design. The interior is amazing too with the familiarity of the position of the controls and the drive position gives you a relaxing feeling. I felt like I was in a slightly smoother version of my own car which is the Audi A5 convertible which has quite a lot of power for a convertible. 馃槒

You believe that you are in an Audi but with a feeling of power and control throughout the drive.

Then suddenly you test that accelerator pedal and short but punchy press down and gee-whizz .. you take of like a rocket!!! The G-force throws you back in the seat and you give a big smile of joy as the power and accelration does not stop. From 0 to 60 in seconds and before you know you are hitting high speed. 馃槒馃ぃ

There is no lag when you press the accelerator to power delivered ... its all at your feet when you want and how you want it.馃榾 And when you brake hard from say 60 mph the car more-or-less brings you to a stand-still effortlessly.

The driver will see the speed you are doing projected from the windscreen聽 to about 3 feet from the front of the car聽 about 2 feet from the surface of the road - simply amazing! There is no excuse to get caught speeding! 馃ぃ But Officer I had no idea of what speed I was doing!! But Sir you are driving the Audi e-tron with projected speed in front of you!?! Sorry Officer it was switched off. 馃ぃ馃ぃ

Here are the pictures I took:

BDBBD882-1B5D-43FC-9DB6-5E622BAE26BE.hei

B4ABC355-37EB-4826-B9BD-FF9CB200C3C1.hei

2D2D82F9-34DB-46CE-8F62-A863DF2ED0F1.hei

7EDCAA5A-41BE-411D-A737-4D8873B13091.hei

DFF319F8-394C-416A-B41D-B8308086991C.hei

BF0BBAF4-1B43-4E76-B426-DD8242EFD819.hei

3F78D877-5A6F-4BC1-B9C6-428907F71BFB.hei

EEAB4A85-4812-4130-9AA7-F44CB64AD214.hei

1 hour ago, Steve Q said:

Wow! Great write up, have you ordered one then? 鈽猴笍

Steve - thank you for your kind words. 馃榾

It was tempting, however I am waiting for a convertible version. 馃槒 I informed the salesman that if Audi decide to produce a convertible then you call me and we can strike a reasonable deal. 馃ぃ

There is no way I am spending in excess of 拢89K on the Audi e-tron GT at 拢1,110.00 per month repayments; although there are no other costs involved such as servicing with the exception of tyres and brakes.

I have no doubt that around 3 yeears down the line the prices of electric cars will come down in price. Currently I believe that many are out reach of the general motorists. 馃槻

I intend to purchase an electric car in 3 years time for my 60th birthday. 馃槒馃榾

30 minutes ago, Obasa said:

Steve - thank you for your kind words. 馃榾

It was tempting, however I am waiting for a convertible version. 馃槒 I informed the salesman that if Audi decide to produce a convertible then you call me and we can strike a reasonable deal. 馃ぃ

There is no way I am spending in excess of 拢89K on the Audi e-tron GT at 拢1,110.00 per month repayments; although there are no other costs involved such as servicing with the exception of tyres and brakes.

I have no doubt that around 3 yeears down the line the prices of electric cars will come down in price. Currently I believe that many are out reach of the general motorists. 馃槻

I intend to purchase an electric car in 3 years time for my 60th birthday. 馃槒馃榾

Funnily enough it seems cars in general seem to be rising in price. I suppose the more the manufacturers stuff cars with stuff the more the price will rise. I mean wages haven't really increased yet car prices have risen. My a6 when new cost 28k. A new similar Audi A6 cost 45-50k.聽

Steve,

I second that motion. I find it highly ridiculous that the electric ar market is extoriate to the point you need to wealthy to afford one. Even the electric min is around 拢30 -35K 馃槻 Mine Audi A5 convertible is 拢45K brand new - even I would not have bought it at that price. even if you paid me 馃ぃ

Something drastic needs to happen to get those electric car prices down swiftly. If the majority of the citizens of the UK did not buy one then car manufacturers would have no alternative other than to reduce and give massive discounts to shift them.

Hi lets all rush out, remortgage the house, put the missus and kids out on the street so we can buy an electric car, what planet are these people on, if you factor in the job losses globally of all the staff at the component factories for conventional vehicles it will be like the worlds largest permanent lockdown and then it won't matter if the electric cars are 拢1000,00 no one will be able to afford one if you haven't got a job, I don't think those that know best have thought this one out, if you want a prime example of what happens when industry pulls the plug take a look at Detroit which has massive poverty and unemployment despite massive cash injections from the government and incentives to open new businesses 聽over the last thirty years, this bizarre fascination with electric cars is in my opinion driven by those that can afford them and in the fast lane of life status is everything especially if you have green credentials and sod all consideration for how many Joe Averages you drive on to the dole which a lot of countries don't have.

Steve.

Stevey Y,

I agree with all your points. I believe that the elctric car market is realy being introduce for the wealthy and elite of the UK to price everyone else out so they have to use London Transport etc, trains, buses and bikes to get around .........or worse just stay indoors (hence lockdown) 馃ぃ

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Obasa said:

Stevey Y,

I agree with all your points. I believe that the elctric car market is realy being introduce for the wealthy and elite of the UK to price everyone else out so they have to use London Transport etc, trains, buses and bikes to get around .........or worse just stay indoors (hence lockdown) 馃ぃ

So true. Long term the powers that be want all us minions off the road. For anything electric to be truely green it has to at least equalise it's carbon offset from the build process. Now here's how using electric vehicles is done properly:聽

Built by Brush of Loughborough in the 1930s and still going strong at Blackpool!聽

FB_IMG_1622005184003.jpg

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Steve Q said:

So true. Long term the powers that be want all us minions off the road. For anything electric to be truely green it has to at least equalise it's carbon offset from the build process. Now here's how using electric vehicles is done properly:聽

Built by Brush of Loughborough in the 1930s and still going strong at Blackpool!聽

FB_IMG_1622005184003.jpg

I could not agree more. It amazes me that back then there was not issue with the creation of electric, cheap and cheerful. Yet in todays world the car manufacturers make it extremely expensive .. its so unnecessary ......

When we are all back living in caves eating raw vegetables and wondering why it's always so cold聽 (and wouldn't it be nice if it was 2 C warmer) we won't need cars - so where's the problem? 馃榿 馃榿

• Thanks 1

If you consider that C.A.R.B in LA in America have been since the sixties the architects of fuel injection and OBD rationalisation which massively cut emissions so the rest of America adopted these new strategies, we on the other hand did none of the above until the late seventies and now the government wants to set the blame against the voting public by manipulating our consciences.

The worlds weather will change anyway, it always has, if you look at the facts the ice age was caused by a tropical planets land masses having loads of swamps and rotting vegetation all giving off methane and carbon monoxide, and there wasn't an Audi in sight, this blew a dirty great hole in the Ozone layer which then caused the ice age for god knows how many million years, No, no the experts cry but the fact of the matter is that if I was offered that sort of money to wander round spouting crap to anyone who would listen, they all have dual standards take dear old Greta who sails a solar powered yacht over to America to harangue Donny Trump, when its time to go home the replacement crew were FLOWN out to sail her miserable moon face back home, of course she isn't getting sponsored or paid for any of this. Anyone just see that flying pig.

Steve.

• Like 2

Stevey Y - I could not agree with you more on your points ............

• 1 year later...

I have plan to buy one day cool and luxury car聽 audi tt where there are two different 2.0-litre engines, one before and one after 2010. The earlier cars were fitted with the EA113 engine, which is cambelt driven, the latter is the EA888 engine, which is chain driven. Both are tuneable, and both are known to be reliable.聽 I drive this car at once and after decide to buy the same.聽

聽 聽 聽 聽 聽 聽

audi tt.jpg

Edited by greed

Thanks Drew,

I think there is a lot getting lost in translation here, and being polite - it could just be me - but I鈥檓 at a loss to understand any connection with earlier posts for E- tron.聽
Kind regards,

Gareth.聽