New car order

Wilf

Hi all  
27/7/21  I received a phone call from the dealer late last week saying, the car will not be delivered in July, so might as well wait until September for the 71 plate, this did not seem like a informed statement more of a guess, I did push for info but he just said he would do his best,  so I am still in the dark with regards to delivery. 

Phoned by the dealer today 3/8/21 and was told, your car has left the factory in Germany for the port, so is on its way 😁 

will turn up about mid / late August ready for September delivery, he said he looked last week and it was showing November delivery 

but held off telling me because he thought it might change, well it has  good O  

Yes will be picking up with new registration, made sure of that, I didn’t want it to turn up in early July and sit for 6 - 8 weeks at the dealers, so has turned out quite good timing after all. 

• 3 weeks later...

I ordered a Vorsprung at the end of May and was expecting delivery in August. Ive now been told potentially won’t get it until October now due to the semi conductor debacle! Has anyone else heard anything different?

I ordered a Vorsprung saloon mid April and had no information for months. Two weeks ago informed build was 46 unconfirmed. Told by the dealer yesterday that I have a confirmed build week of 37. However I won’t be holding my breath. It also appears hit and miss with some cars turning up with wireless charger and some without since they removed this from the spec sheet

Hi all 

I was phoned 19/8/21 by the dealer, and was told it was on the boat that was docking tomorrow, 

seems to have been on quite a cruise, loaded Germany 12/8/21 went to Teeside arrived 16/8/21 then sheerness 20/8/21   

so I ordered it Sunday 9/5/21 was given a date of delivery end of September, told this afternoon 20/8/21 the car has been received by Audi at the docks, now in for checking taking about 5 to 6 days, to be delivered and  PDI by dealer for my collection 4/9/21 

car ordered A3 edition 1 auto 35 tfsi  extras (  advanced key )  ( auto power boot ) not now on configuration list  ( comfort and sound pack )        ( spare wheel & jack )

75CB0B27-C6A1-47F2-8A78-702CA64631D5.thumb.png.90c99dc1f41de282d3542160cbce6677.png/

Sounds hopeful for me then. I ordered start of June and have provisional build week of 41 and provisional delivery first week in December. Fingers crossed it’ll arrive sooner. I’ll be checking back for updates next week. 

On 8/20/2021 at 8:39 PM, Wilf said:

Hi all 

I was phoned 19/8/21 by the dealer, and was told it was on the boat that was docking tomorrow, 

seems to have been on quite a cruise, loaded Germany 12/8/21 went to Teeside arrived 16/8/21 then sheerness 20/8/21   

so I ordered it Sunday 9/5/21 was given a date of delivery end of September, told this afternoon 20/8/21 the car has been received by Audi at the docks, now in for checking taking about 5 to 6 days, to be delivered and  PDI by dealer for my collection 4/9/21 

car ordered A3 edition 1 auto 35 tfsi  extras (  advanced key )  ( auto power boot ) not now on configuration list  ( comfort and sound pack )        ( spare wheel & jack )

75CB0B27-C6A1-47F2-8A78-702CA64631D5.thumb.png.90c99dc1f41de282d3542160cbce6677.png/

Hi all 

Phoned by dealer today 24/8/21 saying your car has arrived at the  dealership today, that’s quick i thought it was only delivered to the docks on Friday morning, so delivered to Audi pdi dept sheerness pdi carried out and delivered to dealer all between Friday - Tuesday morning, blimey,  have been asked if I would like to go and look it over, ( think they want me to pay for it really 😳  

In the conversation he said you are very lucky, at one point I thought I was going to have to phone you and say delivery would be in January 2022 at best, due to the situation, but did not elaborate on that comment, but I know what he means.

Hi all 

Went to look at the car today Saturday 28/8/21, was wrapped up in plastic inside and out but looked very nice, was told by the dealer again I was very lucky as very little now is getting through due to the part crisis, plus delivered with the car was two remote keys, normal,  but from now on only one key per car will be supplied, you now have to pay extra for any more, plus if you order a car today delivery would be estimated for April 2022.  

F1CC1E65-A950-495A-AE45-1DDBB21C7254.thumb.jpeg.f8b96b2295d2c40d24c865ac0129b2a0.jpeg

On 8/29/2021 at 9:41 PM, Wilf said:

Hi all 

Went to look at the car today Saturday 28/8/21, was wrapped up in plastic inside and out but looked very nice, was told by the dealer again I was very lucky as very little now is getting through due to the part crisis, plus delivered with the car was two remote keys, normal,  but from now on only one key per car will be supplied, you now have to pay extra for any more, plus if you order a car today delivery would be estimated for April 2022.  

F1CC1E65-A950-495A-AE45-1DDBB21C7254.thumb.jpeg.f8b96b2295d2c40d24c865ac0129b2a0.jpeg

Looking good. When’s your official collection? Is the one key thing for any new car orders been taken or for orders already taken. I’d be a little disappointed if I have to pay extra having already ordered the car. 

Hi Nick 

Collection is Saturday the 4th at 5pm bit late I thought, but never mind at least I am picking it up.  
The key thing was said like,   you’re very lucky the cars coming through are only coming with one key now, I seem to be very lucky according to my salesman, I would talk to your dealer saying you expect two keys, maybe they will pick up the bill for it, 

At one point the Audi configurator made a big thing about each key being customisable to each driver, bit difficult with only one key. 

1 hour ago, Wilf said:

Hi Nick 

Collection is Saturday the 4th at 5pm bit late I thought, but never mind at least I am picking it up.  
The key thing was said like,   you’re very lucky the cars coming through are only coming with one key now, I seem to be very lucky according to my salesman, I would talk to your dealer saying you expect two keys, maybe they will pick up the bill for it, 

At one point the Audi configurator made a big thing about each key being customisable to each driver, bit difficult with only one key. 

Did you ever get a confirmed build date or did it go from a provisional date to arriving at the dealer. I’ve been given a provisional December delivery. Ordered around 3 weeks after yourself.  

I was given build week 26,  June 28th but when I looked at the car photos I took Saturday I could see it was built 2nd of July, Oh  dear that’s a Friday 😳  then took until Friday 20th of August to arrive at sheerness docks, turned up at dealers Tuesday 24th  

23 hours ago, NJ2803 said:

Fingers crossed it’ll be a little sooner for me then. December is too far away, well it seems that way. Just wanting the car now. 

Sorry forgot to say, my expected delivery date at order was end of September, turned up mid/late August 

• Like 1

Evening all. New to the forum but not Audis. I’ve purchased a new edition 1 - 1.5 tfsi. Dealer had one delivered last week so I had a look and took it. Happy with spec but is standard edition 1. No extras.

Photo not the best as car filthy for some reason. Pick up Thursday once all registered and sorted. Moving from an A4 on my PCP.

A03F1417-A2A4-47C0-9301-BAB9F548F886.jpeg

• Like 1