New car order

Wilf

23 hours ago, Wilf said:

Hi Michael

Did you pick up your new motor today ? If so what do you think ?  

Hi Mark. Yes I did. Will post a thread tomorrow as want to give it a wax coat. Didn’t opt for the dealer care package. So need to get it protected weather permitting.

Do love it though, but takes some getting used to that flat bottomed steering wheel. Never had one!

14 minutes ago, TheCrazyBuyer said:

Hi Mark. Yes I did. Will post a thread tomorrow as want to give it a wax coat. Didn’t opt for the dealer care package. So need to get it protected weather permitting.

Do love it though, but takes some getting used to that flat bottomed steering wheel. Never had one!

Hi Michael

I've not gone for the dealer paint protect thing, it’s a bit expensive for what it is, I think,

Taking the wheels off tomorrow and applying  ( Gyeon Q2 rim ) did this on my previous vehicle and is so much easier to clean them even two years later, just snow foam them then jet wash to a spotless finish. 
   Happy polishing 

5 hours ago, Wilf said:

Hi Michael

I've not gone for the dealer paint protect thing, it’s a bit expensive for what it is, I think,

Taking the wheels off tomorrow and applying  ( Gyeon Q2 rim ) did this on my previous vehicle and is so much easier to clean them even two years later, just snow foam them then jet wash to a spotless finish. 
   Happy polishing 

I did use some Swissvax stuff for wheels many years ago that was very good. I don’t have a torque wrench so not so easy for me to take mine off. Do love those wheels though.

• 2 months later...

Hi all 

Well had my Audi A3 edition 1  1.5 dsg for two and a half months now and I’m well chuffed, fuel is getting better and better each week, about 36 - 38 mpg around town, only 1300 miles on the clock at the moment, so expecting it to get a little better, but with the cold winter days & nights coming maybe won’t show in extra miles per gallon. Oil use about 1 line on the dip stick so vey little.  

The matrix headlights with auto high beam Very Impressive day light all round but with out blinding on coming vehicles. 
Glad I went for the advanced key option very convenient, except when I’m  cleaning the car with the key in my pocket and grabbing the door handles to lean down or pull myself up ( getting old ) the doors keep locking and unlocking with the door mirrors folding in and out, just leave the keys in the garage.

More comfortable than expected, I had a vw scirocco 2.0 tdi R line 2016 model  in the past and had to have my fillings redone very six months, very hard suspension. but this one is very comfortable. 

Any Questions please ask.   Mark. 

• Like 1

On 11/16/2021 at 7:39 PM, Wilf said:

Hi all 

Well had my Audi A3 edition 1  1.5 dsg for two and a half months now and I’m well chuffed, fuel is getting better and better each week, about 36 - 38 mpg around town, only 1300 miles on the clock at the moment, so expecting it to get a little better, but with the cold winter days & nights coming maybe won’t show in extra miles per gallon. Oil use about 1 line on the dip stick so vey little.  

The matrix headlights with auto high beam Very Impressive day light all round but with out blinding on coming vehicles. 
Glad I went for the advanced key option very convenient, except when I’m  cleaning the car with the key in my pocket and grabbing the door handles to lean down or pull myself up ( getting old ) the doors keep locking and unlocking with the door mirrors folding in and out, just leave the keys in the garage.

More comfortable than expected, I had a vw scirocco 2.0 tdi R line 2016 model  in the past and had to have my fillings redone very six months, very hard suspension. but this one is very comfortable. 

Any Questions please ask.   Mark. 

Awesome. Still love mine MPG though seems to be better all round in Dynamic mode. Efficiency mode was less impressive on a 4 hr drive to London and back!

Don’t have advance key myself. But yes the matrix LED’s are very impressive. The car still doesn’t demist very well on cold/damp mornings! And the AC acts odd once switching back to auto almost still blows hard at the front.

Awesome drive and handling though! 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Just bought an A3 35tfsi Edition,  been trying to find one for a few months and finally spotted it on dealer website yesterday and deal done today. Hopefully pick up early next week car is unregistered brand new possibly a cancelled order.