Number Plate Holder

Flint123

How does the plate come away from the holder ?

It seems secured with little 'lugs' all the way round and I don't want to just yank on it and bugger it up.

Cheers

Ian. 

I see the problem now - so it looks like a number plate holder.

I've not seen one like that before  - if the lugs are plastic then you can't bend them (like the back of a picture frame).

So I guess you need to know if the holder is screwed or stuck to the bumper?

I'd try using a magnet to see if there are any screws present

If not, then assume it's stuck on, if so then try to bend a lug at either end and slide the plate out sideways ....

Hello Ian,

The holder is usually screwed to the bumper, rather than stuck with double sided tape. 
However, you don’t need to remove the holder to change the plate. This holder has far more visible fixings than normal, but the way I would attempt to remove the existing plate would be to move the plate down in the holder as far as possible, before trying to move the upper lip of the holder up enough around the centre of its length to be able to start to tease the plate out. Warming the holder and plate with a hair dryer usually helps  - principally in the area you are attempting to start removing the plate.

Kind regards,

Gareth.