A5 EPC ERROR

Tsmithy

Hello Everyone!

I am having an issue with my Audi A5 2.0tsfi (2012)

when it reaches running temperature, and I try to for instance overtake or accelerate, the EPC light comes on and tells me not to go over 4,000rpm, I imagine this is a sort of limp mode?

after searching I have seen a couple of people changing out the oil switches (blue & brown) just below the oil filter.

I have done this but has made no difference, I am asking if anyone can point me in the right direction?

this also occasionally has the swirl flap (inlet manifold) error, this I hear is common and it comes and goes, could this be connected, as the fault reader only states this error and nothing else! 

Thanks for any advice! 

Hi unfortunately this one could be a Pandoras box normally the EPC is activated by something that the ECU classes as a threat to the engine or will raise emissions so an educated guess would say that it is the swirl system as that would raise emissions, I don't know which scanner you are using but if its VCDS that would be giving you a description of the fault and the frequency of the fault, with regard to your registered fault I believe there is a number of repair/delete kits on the market, swirl flaps are a good idea in principle and where they fall down is they are made of plastic on the moving parts and are guaranteed to fail, but with the absence of any other codes its a start.

Steve,