A/C Pressure Switch: Original part worth the cost?

Sammyrai

Hi, 

I need to replace the A/C pressure switch on my Audi A4 (B7) cabriolet.

The local Audi dealer is quoting £79.60 for an original part.

My question is, is it worth paying the extra for this original part, versus £33.88 from GSF (no brand mentioned)?

I don't mind paying the extra if it's worth it... 

Thanks!

Sammy

Hello Sammy,

I wouldn’t even think twice about it!

Buying cheap is usually just that, and you can end up buying twice, and paying twice to get it fitted and the system de, and re-gassed. 
If I was going to be tempted to buy non-VAG, then in this case, my only alternative would be Bosch, but how long has the current one lasted?

Worth doing a quick division against the cost, to work out how much per year it has cost you. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks all. I bought the original part today. Although, I did find a Hella branded one on Amazon for £43, but I had already purchased the original part by then.

I'll let you know if I manage to fit it successfully - I need to take the front bumper off - Yikes!!!

• 1 month later...

Just got this switch/sensor on order myself. I too was quoted £79.60 all in, so am glad that the prices seem to be consistent. Only draw back is that they are currently on back order so I'll have to wait for somewhere in the region of 7-10 days for it to come over from Germany.  

I did stumble across a youtube video where the guy removed the headlight with the aid of some silicone grease, to avoid having to drop the bumper.. A tactic I'll be having a little go at!

Ian