2009 A3 2.0tdi won’t start when hot

Kirkyboy

Hi guys. 
would really love some help please. 
I've been searching for hours on the internet and you tube! but just can’t find a definitive answer or image. 
basically;

bought Audi A3 2.0 TDI 2009 135 k on the clock, lovely looking thing! It has a hot start issue. Cold it will fire straight up, get to operating temp, turn off car will start up again ok but if you leave it say 3 mins it starts to struggle to start 4-5 mins car just cranks over, easy start ion the inlet will try to start but won’t! To to me fuel starvation?!?!?

also no fault codes present at all  

looked around the net, suggestion change battery which I have done! Still the same!

next suggestion change engine temp sensor. Can I find it?? No! Could one of you beauties tell me where it is? Even better a photo🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞🤞

temp sensor only a tenner so I will change it anyhow  

another suggestion, fuel relay, if it’s getting hot then this could be your problem??? Again I can’t find this to even check, so if you guys could put me in the right direction I will be very great full   🤞🤞🤞

or any other suggestions? Please let me know. 
have a great bank holiday and thanks in advance Kirk. 

• 5 months later...

This problem was reported earlier on this forum.

it was suggested that the ECU overheated causing this type of problem.

unfortunately no feedback came from the poster as to whether this fixed the problem.

it would be great if people posted a reply to fixing a problem.

• Like 1

Had this on mine 2.0 TDI if memory serves it was camshaft sensor. I told them the issue when getting belts done and they said it was easier to replace when doing this.

Or Crankshaft sensor

Edited by Hubbardy