Blowers stop when air con turned on?

AcooperMUFC

Hi,

When i got in my car this afternoon the AC was switched off and air was blowing out of the vents just fine (though the air was warm).

I turned the AC on and after about 30 seconds the air stopped coming out of the vents but I could still hear it moving behind the dash?

I turned the AC back off and the vents started working again?

I’ve owned the car for about 3 weeks and used the AC multiple times without any issues, but now basically air will blow through the vents with AC off, but won’t blow through the vents with AC on (even in ECO mode, and with multiple setting modes). 

My warranty expires this Friday so I will be calling Audi tomorrow, but has anybody else encountered this issue?

Thanks

Andy

***Update***

On the way to work this morning I have now found that if i have the temperature set above 18°C and i turn the AC on it will work? But if the the temperature is set below 18°C and i turn the AC on it will start ok but then the vents will stop blowing and you can just hear the air blowing behind the dash? When it does this if I turn the temperature back above 18°C then it will start working again? The other strange thing is that after i have it working ok i can then turn the temperature to whatever i want? Could this just be a re-gas as i do not know if it has ever been done and the car is nearly 3 years old?

O

18 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Might be worth getting a diagnostic check. But I'm wondering if the ac control unit is failing

I've just spoken to Audi and i've booked the car in for Friday morning which is the last day of it's warranty.

Hopefully they find the fault and get it repaired for me 🤞

8 hours ago, AcooperMUFC said:

O

I've just spoken to Audi and i've booked the car in for Friday morning which is the last day of it's warranty.

Hopefully they find the fault and get it repaired for me 🤞

The fact you're getting it looked at whilst in warranty should stand you in good stead once out of warranty if the issue persists.  

2 hours ago, AcooperMUFC said:

So it turned out to be something to do with a pump that they had to take the dash out to get to, all sorted now and repaired under warranty. 

So glad it was repaired under warranty ☺️

• 2 years later...
On 6/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, AcooperMUFC said:

So it turned out to be something to do with a pump that they had to take the dash out to get to, all sorted now and repaired under warranty. 

On 6/5/2021 at 5:31 PM, AcooperMUFC said:

Hi, I'm having the exact same issue, have you got any more details about which pump it was etc?