Gearbox

Lvn

hello 

I started from home yesterday and I couldn't move from 1 to 2 gear 

Then I noticed I didn't have a back door closed.

When I closed them, it still didn't work. Then I stopped the car and tried to move from 1 to second gear. 

Everything's been fine since then.

Is it possible I couldn't move from 1 to 2 gear because the door wasn't closed? 

The other gears were fine 

• 10 months later...

Hi, I own an Audi a4 b9 automatic 190hp, 194k km, revisions made on time, 3 weeks ago after something walking through the city and after a parking lot, I coupled D1 and jumped in D, unable to leave after the place, on board it looks like I was need to step the brake, it was working in R but Drive didn't work, I left it for 5 minutes, I managed to leave and then I ran to the service, there they said it would be mechatronic. They deleted the error and left on the 2nd day, after 2 weeks I suffered the same, finding that if I go further, something heats up and no longer enters D1. But if it gets cold, can I go with it, has anyone else faced this problem? Some would say that it would be one of the clutches, at the moment it is if the box is down and nothing wrong is noticed.

Yes, it has a oil cooler, the oil was changed at 176k km, the mechanic says that he opened the gearbox, found the filters black and the oil also black, which is not normal,He says the clutch discs were a different color, they weren't blunt, he ordered some filters, a gasket, it remains to be changed next week.sorry for my english, thank you

47 minutes ago, LiviuLiv24 said:

Yes, it has a oil cooler, the oil was changed at 176k km, the mechanic says that he opened the gearbox, found the filters black and the oil also black, which is not normal,He says the clutch discs were a different color, they weren't blunt, he ordered some filters, a gasket, it remains to be changed next week.sorry for my english, thank you

No need to apologise you've got good English 🙂 I wonder if the mechanic changes oil and filters then does it again in around 1000km to see if it's black again. 

Do you know when it was last changed prior to your mechanic doing it? 

It could be the clutches or the oil.cooler maybe especially if it's doing it when hot. 

I have it from 150k km, I don't know the history, but I know for sure that at 176k km when I changed the oil, it was clean, after the intervention I will return to you with details, many thanks

4 hours ago, LiviuLiv24 said:

I have it from 150k km, I don't know the history, but I know for sure that at 176k km when I changed the oil, it was clean, after the intervention I will return to you with details, many thanks

No probs at all, glad I could help. If you contact your Audi dealer they should be able to provide you with information on the work that's been done at any Audi garage.