2008 Audi S5 cooling fan continuously running after engine stop

Msreynolds4

Hi all, 

My S5 has developed an issue where the cooling fan is continuing to run after the engine is switched off. It wasn't for too long, before this bit of hot weather, but the other day it ran for so long it killed the battery. Had to get it started and take it to the garage. They changed a temp sensor which was apparently reading wrong but the fan was still running. They managed to diagnose it as the Offside cooling fan control module. They want £560 plus labour to rectify it and there's a 7-10 day wait on the part. I don't want to wait that long or pay that much. Does anyone have any suggestions please? 

I've found a few control modules on eBay that I think would work, they're only £100 and I could do the work myself. I just don't want to go through stripping off the bumper, lifts etc to get to it to find it doesn't work for whatever reason. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. 

So the thing I'm struggling with now is finding the part number for just the fan ECU. I got the part number for the complete unit with fan from Audi, they wanted £850 for it! They're having the same problem as the other supplier though with no stock in the UK or Germany. If anyone has the part number for that I'd be really grateful. Thank you.