Fault where one wheel shows double speed

Bg1

Hi, 

Have the abs fault 00287, sporadic implausible signal. Had live data which shows the speed output of the rear right is twice of any other sensors. I suspect the double speed is the reason for the fault. But I cannot determine what cause it. Ive changed abs sensor recently. 

Have anyone of you seen this before and/or know how i should go on troubleshooting this issue? 

Screenshot_20210629-003037_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210629-003016_Gallery.jpg

Hi it is not the ABS sensor thats at fault its the reluctor ring in the hub that the sensor picks its info up from, possibly corrosion if its the tooth type  on the C.V. Joint or alternatively if the ring is fitted to the face of the bearing its probably just knackered.

Steve.

But will that makes it show double? I would understand if less, but damage to make it pick up twice the speed sounds strange? I did have some problem with the reluctor ring on a different wheel that I had to change, that one showed less and sometimes jumped to zero. 

20 hours ago, Bg1 said:

But will that makes it show double? I would understand if less, but damage to make it pick up twice the speed sounds strange? I did have some problem with the reluctor ring on a different wheel that I had to change, that one showed less and sometimes jumped to zero. 

Hi the sensor you changed is whats known as a Hall trigger sensor assuming it was working ok after you fitted it and taking in to consideration that it is only a collector of information supplied by the reluctor ring that would lead me to believe that something in the reluctor had broken down, therefore the only way to eliminate the sensor on that wheel would be to try another sensor, my guess is that some of the trigger sensors in the reluctor have broken down or corroded to the extent they have formed a chain rather than a circle of triggers with gaps between them, looking at the age of the vehicle if its the original reluctor and the replacement sensor is doing the same thing it all points back at the ring I am afraid.

Steve.

Ahhh I understand what you mean and for hall trigger sensors it makes sense. However I believe I have a reluctor ring which generates an AC signal relative to the speed. Added the picture of the wheel bearing I changed (the issue with that wheel is sorted). And the sensor I added on the wheel that makes the problem now has as since I installed it show double speed. But I will try to change the sensor and see if that does the trick. 

Screenshot_20210702-093703_Gallery.jpg

Hi I wish you luck, I have come across dodgy hall sensors before on one of my Fords despite the fact it was a Nippon Denso it turned out the length of the pick up meant that it was to close to the reluctor which gave me all sorts of problems I eventually changed it back to Delphi which had the same pick up length as the Ford original.

Steve.