Start stop function not working after 'brake servo restricted' sensor replaced

GLS

Hi all,

I had the much discussed 'brake servo restricted' and 'start stop' messages, replaced the pressure sensor and the displayed errors disappeared. (thanks to everyone who contributed on this site for the info) It seems now that the start stop feature no longer works, Everything about the car is normal, no errors  and drives as it should but the stop start feature never seems to kick in, even in traffic. It used to before I had the faults. Anyone else experienced this?

First suspect would be the battery Gary - even though it may start the car without issue, it could still be registering a low reading on one of the parameters on the battery condition monitor. 
You would need to get it checked, but not sure if Halfords checks are sophisticated enough. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• 1 year later...

Hi all. I've got the same problem with the restricted brake servo and start stop function not working. When testing, what should the battery be reading when the engine is switched off so i know whether it needs to be changed or not?

Also would I need to change the brake servo sensor anyway or could the battery be causing both problems?

Thanks all. 

Peter

4 hours ago, Peter o said:

Hi all. I've got the same problem with the restricted brake servo and start stop function not working. When testing, what should the battery be reading when the engine is switched off so i know whether it needs to be changed or not?

Also would I need to change the brake servo sensor anyway or could the battery be causing both problems?

Thanks all. 

Peter

Hi chances are its the battery especially if its the original there is no point in paying for tests as on a private vehicle the battery will only probably last four years, stop start function restriction is normally the early sign of battery failure and the brake servo restriction won't have anything to do with that, my battery is over five years old but being as I use the car as a taxi it never gets less than a hundred miles of charging a day, living on borrowed time, probably.

Steve.

I like this method of checking the battery: leave the car unlocked and bonnet open (preferably overnight) and measure the voltage across the battery terminals. Check against this table.

If you have VCDS, the measured voltage can be compared with that too.

Screenshot_20220902-211205_Chrome.jpg