Shaking when idle

ZEE-A6

Recently bought an Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro Manual on an 09 plate. The car has done 164k miles so it’s not exactly low however Iv had an issue since, when the car is both cold and warm it shakes on idle.

There is no smoke, loss of power or warning lights, in fact it moves quick. However it shakes a little and sometimes feels like a shudder, anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thanks

Zee

On 7/12/2021 at 8:22 PM, ZEE-A6 said:

Recently bought an Audi A4 2.0 TDI 170 Quattro Manual on an 09 plate. The car has done 164k miles so it’s not exactly low however Iv had an issue since, when the car is both cold and warm it shakes on idle.

There is no smoke, loss of power or warning lights, in fact it moves quick. However it shakes a little and sometimes feels like a shudder, anyone have any idea what it could be?

Thanks

Zee

Mass airflow sensor maybe 

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Brian74656 said:

Check your timing belt and make sure its in good condition, and does it shudder when you raise your clutch pedal 

It could be an issue with your mass airflow sensor or maybe something else with your fuel air flow mixture set up 

8 hours ago, Magnet said:

Hello Zeeshan,

Does depressing the clutch when idling, make any different to the shuddering? 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

This is the thing, I did try seeing what happens if I press the clutch up and down as I was trying to pin it down to being the flywheel.. it didn’t make any difference 

5 hours ago, Brian74656 said:

Check your timing belt and make sure its in good condition, and does it shudder when you raise your clutch pedal 

The alternator pulley is starting to make a noise now and after taking a look it seems the belt around it has seen better days too

2 hours ago, Magnet said:

Well, all rather academic now, since the original poster hasn’t returned to the forum since he placed the post. 

Apologies.. iv also been trying to deal with an engine light on my 15 plate A6 😂 not having a brilliant time with Audis at the moment 

Edited by ZEE-A6

On 8/1/2021 at 10:41 PM, ZEE-A6 said:

Apologies.. iv also been trying to deal with an engine light on my 15 plate A6 😂 not having a brilliant time with Audis at the moment 

Hope you have sorted both cars out now