Aux input in place of 6 CD changer

stq807

Hello,

Just bought an Audi A4 2005, which came with an RNS-e navigation unit plus in the dash, and 6 CD changer in the glovebox.

I would like an Aux input, and wonder if I can simply remove the 6 CD changer and use the connector that was attached to it's port to install an aux adapter. This would be a simpler solution for me

this youtube video illustrates the kind of connector that attached to it. Does anyone know if this is possible, or will I need to buy something that connects directly to the RNS-e unit

Thanks in advance

If you Google

yatour digital music changer audi a4

You'll see the type of connector that plugs into the rear of your radio, replacing the CD changer connection. You may also find alternatives to Yatour. 

On some you can have a splitter and have cd and the new unit. 

There aren't so any around now but it should give you an idea. 

You can also add Bluetooth connectivity with similar kit. 

Thanks exactly what I wanted - ive bought a YATOUR kit for RNS-E, which also has bluetooth. I was hoping for something that I could connect straight to the cable running into the CD changer, but that appears to be a proprietary connector

15 hours ago, stq807 said:

Thanks exactly what I wanted - ive bought a YATOUR kit for RNS-E, which also has bluetooth. I was hoping for something that I could connect straight to the cable running into the CD changer, but that appears to be a proprietary connector

Great - the only issue that you might have is where to route the Yatour unit. 

The glove box is the favourite 👍 

• 2 weeks later...