Bluetooth issue 2007 A6.

geetee61

Hi, recently became the owner of a 2007 A6, 3.0 tdi Quattro.  Phone works ok with Bluetooth but can’t play my music from my iPhone 11. I’m thinking this question will have arisen on here before so I’m hoping that someone can advise on what options I have. Look forward to any replies. 👍

How long have you had the car? If bought from a dealer within 30 days then they should be fixing it for you. Or you're entitled to a full refund. 

An aux connector is a good shout. 

Steve, car was a private sale. The issue is that there doesn’t seem to be a way to play my iTunes from iPhone 11 through the MMI. Phone is all set up ok for calls but not music. No usb or auxiliary ports at all. 6 CD player in glove box only.

You can retrofit an aux I believe. Not all mmi accept itunes etc. But upgrade to a better mmi can be very expensive. You could always try an fm transmitter. Sure there was a post the other day about them. 

Cheers Steve , I’ll have a look for the post. Vids on YouTube make fitting an AUX look deceivingly easy……. I’m not so sure though.  Thanks for getting in touch.👍

• 1 month later...

I’ve an aux Connector in the glove box that I’ve an old iPod connected to. Recently though I’ve bought an FM Bluetooth transmitter that plugs into the cigarette lighter which allows me to play anything on my phone (including Audible books). It works surprisingly well considering it was only around £10/15 from Amazon

Thanks DarrenW. Bluetooth transmitter sounds good, but as I said there’s no aux or usb in my car. Just a 6 CD player in glove box. Found a place not too far away in Manchester who can upgrade my MMI to give me Bluetooth etc…. Price will be £320 - £360.  I’ll keep the forum posted as to how I get on. Should be sometime next week.