RS7 C8

Lloyd RS7

Well I waited about 3 months for my car to be delivered from Germany. It was worth the wait. here are a couple of pictures.

I've opted for the the extended warranty and taken out a 4 year service plan. Apparently there is no running in period for the engine now and the first oil change isnt due until April 2023 which i find a rather long time  for a car like this! Any comments on this?

having owned a few turbo charged cars in the past, as a rule of thumb I've changed the oil and filter every 6K miles as I found that the engine runs hotter and it tends to kill the oil quicker. 

I've had the car for about 6 weeks and well impressed with the cars performance and surprisingly the economy if driven  sensibly. are there any RS7 owners who have the the new model who can share experiences with me, i.e. any issues or advice on looking after the car. any comments would be most appreciated.

cheers

IMG_0791.JPEG

fb86406c-4133-4ff3-9a7e-1021ed49851f.jpg

Hello Lloyd,

Congratulations on your new acquisition.

It sounds as if it’s too late to disagree with any statement regarding no need to ‘run the car in’. Theory is fine, but the fact is that any piece of machinery benefits from careful treatment following its build. If it were mine then this respect would be extended to the first couple of thousand miles, with gradual increases in engine revs and road speed through that period. 
I’m not sure of your circumstances, but it’s now not unusual for cars to be owned on lease over 3 to 4 years, so the ‘what the heck syndrome’ comes into play, based on any ill effects being unlikely to manifest themselves over that time.

It sounds as if the car has been set on a Longlife service schedule, possibly based on an annular mileage being in excess of 12k. If this mileage is realistic then that’s fine, if it’s lower then service schedules can be set to annual. 

Although I agree with your views that not renewing the oil until the car is around 18 months old is not in its best interest, you have signed up to a maintenance schedule - which minimises the amount of servicing the dealer is obliged to do. Best for the car? - probably not, but who’s worry is that? 
It sounds like jump in and drive and enjoy, and not worrying about the longer term situation. 
Enjoy.
Kind regards,

Gareth.