2007 Audi Q7

Minesh

Hi Everyone 

I bought 2007 Audi Q7 3.0 TDI about a week ago. It’s a very nice car with just one problem and I am hoping to find a solution here. 

So it starts fine everyday. The problem is after I go somewhere and stop for more than 60min than it will not start…. The engine will crank, all lights, ac and radio works fine but it will not start. Than I just have to lock the car and go have a coffee ( I don’t mind sometimes) abt 25min than come back and start and it will start in the first time. If I stop somewhere for less than 60min it starts first time. 🤷🏽‍♂️

It has new starter and battery done by previous owner. 

Please help. 
thanks

Minesh

My advice would be to get a diagnostic check carried out. Does it happen after short journeys or long journeys. Whats the weather conditions when it happens ie hor or cold. It's probs worth trying to establish if there is a pattern to the issue. 

Hi Steve. 

I think the problem was the fuel filter. I just had Oil and Fuel fitter replaced and the problem has disappeared. Hopefully it never comes back. 

Many thanks for letting the forum know Minesh - that may well help others. 
As far as I was aware ( with petrol engines only?) , Audi did not specify any recommended service interval changes for  fuel filters. 
I would certainly advise to change at around 40 K intervals. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

• 1 month later...

hi guys

changing the fuel filter just delayed the problem. I still have the same issue. but i did notice its only happening when the car is on incline and parked for more than an hour. Any advice on what could be the issue??

next step is for me to try changing the suction jet pump filter.. or the jet pump as i can't find the filter locally

Minesh

I had a similar problem that’s posted somewhere further back in the forum. It turned out to be the crankshaft sensor. When it was cold the car started fine and would run perfectly. Let it warm up then parked it and the car wouldn’t restart. It would just turn over and over. I had to leave it to cool down a bit before it would start. Vcds showed no faults. Very intermittent and really annoying.  
When you drive the car and turn it off the temp under the bonnet carry’s on rising as there’s no airflow. Sometimes mine would start after 10 mins others times 30 mins. No warning lights were ever displayed and once it was running it would perform perfectly until you turned it off.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi Dave thanks for the advice, it was the crankshaft sensor. after waiting for almost 2 months for the part to arrive it has fixed the issue. i have been driving for almost a month now and no issue.

Thanks

On 1/5/2022 at 8:40 PM, Minesh said:

Hi Dave thanks for the advice, it was the crankshaft sensor. after waiting for almost 2 months for the part to arrive it has fixed the issue. i have been driving for almost a month now and no issue.

Thanks

Glad you got sorted 🙂