A3 MAF - PUZZLE

Jasper37

I have found an issue which I find a bit strange, having had my A3 since new, never has it been repaired with a replacement MAF sensor, I have been checking certain areas of car due to occasionally the car goes into limp mode when at high speed {NO ENGINE LIGHT} but give error code P0234 overboost condition. on VAG Com.

Anyway on looking at the MAF as pictures both items ie outer housing and internal sensor are stamped Audi, the number on outer housing is the correct model number for the car however the sensor itself Number F 00C 2G2 055 that is fitted, I am advised it is the incorrect sensor for the car VERY STRANGE?  However the car issues did start just after my car went into my normal garage for an MOT.

Any advice, I am being told by two online parts companies that the sensor doesn't  fit my car. Could this be the cause of the limp modes?  I am presently trying to find out what the correct sensor number is.

Images of my outer housing and sensor itself is attached.

20210525_173054.jpg

20210708_120342.jpg

Ebay advert.png

Edited by Jasper37
new photo

Peter.

Any work done on your car by an Audi garage during its existence will have its history centrally recorded, so it should be possible to find when and by whom the sensor was fitted. If you have had work done to it by a non Audi garage there will be no such record.

22 hours ago, cliffcoggin said:

Peter.

Any work done on your car by an Audi garage during its existence will have its history centrally recorded, so it should be possible to find when and by whom the sensor was fitted. If you have had work done to it by a non Audi garage there will be no such record.

Cliff,    I have every receipt for all works and services done on car since new.  No receipt for a new MAF Sensor, can't believe they would fit a new sensor for free LOL