The electric curse

Anyone been watching Guy Martins worlds fastest electric car?, well worth a look as this week he tried to drive from Lands End to John o Groats and back in an all electric Hyundai and guess what half the chargers didn't work or the ones that did on the motorway cost an arm and a leg to charge up, one of them which was allegedly a fast charger only won him 45% after an hour, anyway watch it on catch up you want be disappointed.

There are a lot of people around the town I work have bought all electric Audis, its not about their green credentials as the first thing the wives tell you is how much they cost a bit like the character Loadsamoney during the eighties, the husbands sit there quietly with a no comment policy, now we come to the owners of most of the fuel driven models I had some guy banging on non stop all the way to stansted airport about how quick his new S6 was and how well it handles, these cars are inspiring the electric ones are not, I thought the concept of the motor vehicle was that immense distances could be driven with stops to simply refuel and drive on.

Having watched this years Goodwood festival of speed I realised that the two clowns who had hijacked the technology part of it were obsessed by all the goodies installed in the new all electric vehicles, nothing about handling, or the    limited range on a motorway, the end of the program left me wondering if the presenters wouldn't benefit from a Cranial !Removed!, stock up on Anusol chaps they are going to force this on us like it or not and it will hurt.

Steve.

I watched the Guy Martin programme and couldn't help feeling that it was a blatant attempt at trying to "teach" us that electric can be good especially with the latest COP 26 Pilgrimage coming up.

I found it interesting that the cost of re-charging was not much cheaper than petrol / diesel already and likely to be significantly more expensive once there are enough victims to screw.

Most electric vehicles in the UK are company cars bought to avoid tax.

As you say it makes some people feel good to virtue signal, others feel that they can pose around and some genuinely fee that hey are saving the planet.

I believe that there is a place for electric cars but spending billions to put in an infrastructure that will never be convenient isn't really the best use of money. Some of the biggest issues for me are:

Battery life - even if electric cars get cheaper, if they are only good for 7 years then they are no good

Charging - with no fossil fuels and an already straining grid - how do they think they can generate enough on demand electricity to charge everyone's car overnight (when there is less wind and no sun).

Costs - infrastructure aside, we already pay a premium in our energy bills to subsidise renewables, electricity is only going to get more expensive year on year - just look at the guaranteed price for electricity supply from the new Hinkley Point Nuclear power station. Plus tax revenue will drop off from oil so it has to go somewhere else.

There are lots of other issues but ultimately the whole energy supply situation and the scaremongering climate change scammers are driving us down the road to ruin - or to being totally dependent on the woke and intolerant liberal left.

Rant over 😀

• Thanks 1

see in  was  class    the earth  fixxxizzzzz  it  self  over over  million years  

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Shytot said:

I watched the Guy Martin programme and couldn't help feeling that it was a blatant attempt at trying to "teach" us that electric can be good especially with the latest COP 26 Pilgrimage coming up.

I found it interesting that the cost of re-charging was not much cheaper than petrol / diesel already and likely to be significantly more expensive once there are enough victims to screw.

Most electric vehicles in the UK are company cars bought to avoid tax.

As you say it makes some people feel good to virtue signal, others feel that they can pose around and some genuinely fee that hey are saving the planet.

I believe that there is a place for electric cars but spending billions to put in an infrastructure that will never be convenient isn't really the best use of money. Some of the biggest issues for me are:

Battery life - even if electric cars get cheaper, if they are only good for 7 years then they are no good

Charging - with no fossil fuels and an already straining grid - how do they think they can generate enough on demand electricity to charge everyone's car overnight (when there is less wind and no sun).

Costs - infrastructure aside, we already pay a premium in our energy bills to subsidise renewables, electricity is only going to get more expensive year on year - just look at the guaranteed price for electricity supply from the new Hinkley Point Nuclear power station. Plus tax revenue will drop off from oil so it has to go somewhere else.

There are lots of other issues but ultimately the whole energy supply situation and the scaremongering climate change scammers are driving us down the road to ruin - or to being totally dependent on the woke and intolerant liberal left.

Rant over 😀

Well put, its only because people are becoming like sheep and Boris and Co are border collies, how many times do we get screwed before we learn, wasn't that long ago that that deviant lying piece of cr@p Tony Blair told us all to buy diesel and then promptly took us into a war no one wanted which later killed one of my customers sons, for what?, look at Afghanistan now what was that all about. its not you ranting its the truth and if that upsets anyone, sorry about that I said, if you don't like it try and educate yourself properly before making an informed statement, half the people propelling these pro electric statements haven't got a clue about how a car works or why, I have had this conversation with loads of customers and most of them have no concept of what Adblue is and the few that do think you put it in with the diesel, I DESPAIR.

Steve.

• Like 1

Don’t worry too much about what you can’t control Steve. 
One thing is for sure, they are going to need some pretty good salesmen to sell electric cars to those in terraced houses up the valleys with us - unless they come with exceptionally long extension leads! 
Mind, the same will apply in the suburbs where you are lucky to find a parking space within 100 yds of your front door. 
All good stuff.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Magnet said:

Don’t worry too much about what you can’t control Steve. 
One thing is for sure, they are going to need some pretty good salesmen to sell electric cars to those in terraced houses up the valleys with us - unless they come with exceptionally long extension leads! 
Mind, the same will apply in the suburbs where you are lucky to find a parking space within 100 yds of your front door. 
All good stuff.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hi Gareth, you do live in a particularly beautiful part of the world which no one in their right mind would want to destroy but I don't see many people promoting how clean fossil fuelled cars have become over the last decade, especially diesels, this beggars the question why do they always want to Dump on those who can least afford it. Good points raised by yourself and hopefully we won't reach the edge of the abyss before the like minded in Great Britain raise their objections as one voice.

Steve.

• Like 1