Buying high mileage B9 - thoughts?

moosexpress

Hi all,

I'm considering buying a 2017 B9 with up to 100k miles on, like the ones listed below. Is this a bad idea? I have roughly £12k to spend and would like a really nice car, having driving perfectly decent but boring Mazdas, Fiats and Renaults up until now. I do a lot of motorway miles, so would just like something comfortable and reliable to keep for years to come. I think ideally I would like the 2 litre TDI and avant, but not deal breakers. Thanks for your help!

Example 1

Example 2

Example 3

Edited by moosexpress

Hi I have the new 2L diesel auto box so I'd go for example 2 the auto is great for motorways just chill in the dreaded tailbacks and the 69 thousand miles on this excellent engine would have plenty to give you for years to come just my opinion I wanted the avant but preferred the saloon style in the end the boot is surprisingly big if that helps.

Service history is key and it's worth checking to see if the cambelt and water Pump has been changed as well as checking the gearbox oil has been changed. Audis can do big mileage if we'll maintained. Mines on 336k (a6 c5). 

This YouTube video might help: