Cascade of warning signals appeared.

Deme

Just a little story I will keep updating as I go along for anyone interested incase if same issues.

Ok so basically I’ve had the car 9 months (2017 tdi ultra 218bhp) and got a 2 year main dealer warranty from Audi approved.

I switched the car on 3 days ago and I got 7 faults all at once

tyre pressure fault, brake fault, headlight fault, airbag fault, stop/start fault, abs fault, brake servo fault.

I took it to a friend of a friend who has the plug in to see the faults and he cleared them and it came back as the ABS sensor on the rear right hand side.

I was waiting for the part to come and yesterday the Gearbox Malfunction fault appeared. I called the the Audi Belfast garage and got the AA man to the house where he checked the car over and got these list of faults shown below. 
the car drives like new with no issues with these warnings as I had to drive it home when they were on. 
anyway the car is now heading for the garage and I’ve to collect a hire car to do me till it’s fixed.

anyone else had any experience on what I should ask/demand that needs to happen with the car?

cheers

derek

658EEFDF-7E23-45DA-9A04-76C73EC29FEE.thumb.png.13ebe34bbf9e6578505e7fd399ff5d94.png

Hello Derek,

Mt first port of call would be to get all aspects of the battery’s serviceability checked. I would not opt for a simple ‘drop test’ , but check characteristics such as cold cranking efficiency etc. as well. 
Probably worth getting this checked at your main dealer in this case. 
Batteries operating stop/start systems get a hammering, and although they may continue to start the car OK, the battery condition monitor may detect certain substandard characteristics which can throw up a variety of warnings. 
Worth a check before spending on anything else. 
Kind regards,

Gareth.

Hi Gareth,

The battery was checked first when the AA guy was here and it was reading 88% to the good. 
Im not sure what I’m looking at in this report. Do you know if there is anything real bad on it?

Cheers

Derek

It is away to Audi in cork now not Belfast as that’s the nearest to me. 
I bought it from Audi approved from main dealer in Belfast with a 2 year Audi warranty.

in fairness they have have all been super helpful and the car is being collected this afternoon. Just need to wait and see what comes back

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Ok a wee update.

car has eventually been looked at and it’s the ABS sensor and also a wheel bearing at the rear. The warranty is covering the cost €891. I had never before had to call roadside assistance or ever had to question warranties and it was a bit of toing and froing but got there in the end

On 9/2/2021 at 7:56 PM, Deme said:

Ok a wee update.

car has eventually been looked at and it’s the ABS sensor and also a wheel bearing at the rear. The warranty is covering the cost €891. I had never before had to call roadside assistance or ever had to question warranties and it was a bit of toing and froing but got there in the end

Glad it's all resolved for you 🙂