Reverse lights on when going forwards..!

Mrheisenburg

Here’s an interesting one…. I have recently bought a B8 A4 Avant S Line Special Edition. I have been informed by other drivers that my reverse lights are on when driving…. I have had a look for what I would think it would be which is a reverse light switch on the gearbox but I can’t find one….. I’ve ordered a new switch from TPS but I can’t see one on the box at all…. It’s a 2.0 tdi with 6 speed manual……any thoughts anyone..??

That’s the one place I haven’t looked..!… had the car on the ramp, took all the plastic trays off the bottom and had a good poke round the whole gearbox but with no joy….there must be one on there because TPS found the part on their system…… I will have a look tomorrow…..Thanks

No worries I have normally found that the gear box manufacturers either hide the switches at the rear of the box or just a simple plunge switch that is activated mechanically by the gear stick, worth a try though.

Steve.

43 minutes ago, Magnet said:

Hello Phil,

If all else fails, TPS should be able to give you a schematic of the switch location. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Thanks Gareth, I did ask them at the time of ordering but they said they haven’t got information on where it’s located…… only the information of what part it is…. The switch they sent me looks like your typical reverse switch…. 22mm nut with a black plastic plug. I have changed several clutches and removed several gearboxes in my time and the reverse switch is normally easy to locate…… not the case on this gearbox…!…