Clutch feeling strange

Bazelele

I’ll start with I’m not very knowledgeable with the intricacies of how a car works. A couple weeks ago I noticed that my clutch felt a bit odd. It would either go down very easy or when releasing it would come up quite slow past the half way mark. It’s hard to explain but it just feels different. Is this something to worry about as it’s not every time? Also the bite point doesn’t feel like it’s changed at all and not noticed anything different with the revs. Any help appreciated.  

Hello Bailey,

Thanks for being in touch. 
From your description, it sounds as if the clutch release bearing/slave cylinder assembly is starting to fail - as they do! 
If it is that, then apologies for the not too good news, but it lives within the gearbox bell housing, so it’s a gearbox out job, at which stage, it would be false economy not to renew the other two wearing parts of the clutch assembly.

Having said all that possible doom and gloom, 2015 does seem rather soon for this to start giving problems, unless the car has been subjected to short journey use where the clutch has seen a fair degree of usage - or the mileage is very high, so worth checking the clutch pedal linkage swivel point is free, and give it a spray with WD40 or similar. 
Please note that your late model car may have a different set up, so it would be well worth having a chat with your trusted local garage. 
If it turns out that the slave cylinder is indeed starting to play up and needs renewing then I think you will fine that Audi clutch parts are expensive - to the point that I would use an aftermarket kit by LUK.

Kind regards,

Gareth.