Are we stupid

Hi is it just me or do the advertising wallahs think we are mentally deficient, I sit around listening to the radio when I am between jobs and here are the two most brain damaging adds that keep popping up, Mini have proof that nine out of ten dogs prefer going to the local park in a Mini, would have liked to have a video of that particular questionaire.

Then we have the emissions claim company, is your car telling the truth about its emissions, ever tried having a conversation with your car, its a bit one way, maybe I should try water boarding it or just beat the engine with a tree branch like Basil Fawlty and hope it tells me, sad thing is their are some people who will believe this Dross but I don't think it will be any members of this forum

They're appealing to the same people who do Tik Tok and watch cr@p like Love Island, I'm a celeb,.... 

To be fair most TV programmes are almost adverts these days! 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2021 at 7:28 PM, Stevey Y said:

Hi is it just me or do the advertising wallahs think we are mentally deficient, I sit around listening to the radio when I am between jobs and here are the two most brain damaging adds that keep popping up, Mini have proof that nine out of ten dogs prefer going to the local park in a Mini, would have liked to have a video of that particular questionaire.

Then we have the emissions claim company, is your car telling the truth about its emissions, ever tried having a conversation with your car, its a bit one way, maybe I should try water boarding it or just beat the engine with a tree branch like Basil Fawlty and hope it tells me, sad thing is their are some people who will believe this Dross but I don't think it will be any members of this forum

To be fair most adverts are crap. There really is a dumbing down of people in society, mainly through English language. Especially when you think of the vocabulary used 50, 60, 70 years ago. 

• Like 1