Have a few things if anyone can help? - Rear parking sensors not coming on- Stop start not working

aar104

Hi I have a 60 plate A4 Saloon and recently when I put my car into reverse my sensors don’t click on as usual and I’m not sure where in the car to look to check for faults any ideas? 

I’ve heard of a few people having the issue of where the engine stop start is meant to come on but it doesn’t on the dash it says it’s activated but engine still running loud any ideas on how to solve? 

Any ideas on what to do to get the best amount of BHP out of my 2.0 engine which parts are best to start with? 

Hello Alex,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum. 
Reverse sensors? Diagnosing this will require half an hour with a meter to check if you have 12v at the sensor point etc.  - having first checked that the fuse is intact and is making good contact. Don’t simply look at the fuse and decide it looks OK, but also spray some contact cleaner in the holder and give the fuse a wiggle to ensure it has a good contact. Are the reserve lights working? 

Re stop/start not working - could be a classic symptom of a failing battery, so it’s worth getting that checked as the first port of call. 

Perhaps you could let us know how you get on.

Kind regards,

Gareth. 

• Like 1