E10 FUEL

johnbhoy

Hi please check Shytots post which is bang on the money, its not the octane rating that is the problem its weather your fuel pipes can withstand the onslaught of the extra 5% bio ethanol, check the government website or with the main Dealer.

• 2 weeks later...

Outside of the mainstream media I have found it is a particular problem to classics that are stored for months being that it is hydroponic, it may also be corrosive to old fuel lines and gaskets. I think the AA quoted it as being around 1% less economical than "regular" fuel. I guess time will tell. Many countries have adopted E10 years ago and with that I fail to believe Audi didn't see it coming and adapt to it prior to inception prior to many warranty claims had they ignored it.

On 9/1/2021 at 8:16 AM, johnbhoy said:

fule cap sayin 95 and 98 octane cheaked tesco fuel pump today e10 saying its 95 so am guesding its ok can anyone else add any info 

IMG_20210827_203350.jpg

Octane rating has nothing to do with the E10 debate mate. Octane rating denotes an ability to resist Knock (detonation) Hi Power cars usually run a high octane rating to prevent detonation and its usually the last transition from road to race fuel. The big Issue with E10 is its corrosive properties. 95 RON E10 and non E10 95 RON have the same Octane rating.  Octane rating isn't the issue, from what I can see it will effect classic cars that sit for months on end rather than daily drivers.

• Like 1