ianerrid

I have just bought a 78000 mile A3 8PA with the BVY 2.0 FSI engine.  Seems in good nick with only a dodgy screen on the RNS-E.  I bought it for my wife as a runaround.
I previously had a 2009 R8 4.2 ‘auto’ and left Audi vowing never to return after a chassis crack developed and Audi UK said they’d never seen it despite a bunch of Lemon Law claims in the USA.

I have a great big pile of paperwork and all mots so it looks as if it had been loved.

4 hours ago, Steve Q said:

Welcome to the forum you'll find the members on here are a friendly and helpful bunch ☺️ hopefully nthis one will be more reliable than your last! 

Thank you sir, it was completely reliable except for the 6” crack in the osf suspension casting, hidden behind the wiper motor, under the cowl cover….

1 hour ago, ianerrid said:

Thank you sir, it was completely reliable except for the 6” crack in the osf suspension casting, hidden behind the wiper motor, under the cowl cover….

You're welcome, still a major failing. My grandad had a Volvo 760 where something similar happened. 

Welcome along. I'm new myself but feel a bit dated when Steve is talking about his grandad having a Volvo 760! I had one for years when I was a freelancer, it could carry tons of gear and was so comfortable to sleep in the back with the seats folded