Q7 Purchase and Buying Guide

chibaba

Hello lovely people, Im getting my first Audi moving from being a Merc fan for nearly a decade. I've seen a 2013 S line Plus and its ticking all the boxes. The only query I have is that the front of the car look prefacelift like an 09 model. I was expecting DRL and a more aggressive front bumper as most of them have. Can you advise if this is the case or not? BTW everything about the car checks out i.e. history checks etc

Can you also let me know key things to look out for apart from the obvious tyres, service history etc...

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Definitely worth getting a hpi check done or aa check etc. Has it for air suspension? If so make sure it works on all settings. Also check to see when the gearbox oil was last changed as old gearbox oil can cause the s tronic box not to shift into all gears. Usually reverse. 

Check to see that the same brand of tyres are matching, as well as even tread on each axle as mismatched tyres or uneven you're wear can damage the quattro system. 

Also there are some good YouTube buyers guides you can watch will give you invaluable advice 🙂

17 minutes ago, Steve Q said:

Definitely worth getting a hpi check done or aa check etc. Has it for air suspension? If so make sure it works on all settings. Also check to see when the gearbox oil was last changed as old gearbox oil can cause the s tronic box not to shift into all gears. Usually reverse. 

Check to see that the same brand of tyres are matching, as well as even tread on each axle as mismatched tyres or uneven you're wear can damage the quattro system. 

Also there are some good YouTube buyers guides you can watch will give you invaluable advice 🙂

Thanks Steve, the mechanicals are on my list, I plan on getting a full service and gearbox flush done. I have a ml350 at the moment and it responds fantastically to fluid changes so I'll be doing the same.

Is the front of the car normal for this age? It seems all I'm seeing on similar age cars etc is DRL and honeycomb grill where as this has normal clear indicators