Not going into first gear..

Shep
聽Share

Hi all!聽

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem as me?

When slowing down for junctions and changing down through the gears (manual box) if I stop while still in second gear then try and change into first ready for setting off again, it won't let me go into first or any other gear?? I have to switch the car off and back on again before it let's me carry on.. needles to say, not much fun on busy bits of road or at traffic lights 馃が. The car in question is a B9 A4 2.0 tdi 150ps. (57K)

Problem seems to be intermittent or that I've just got used to rolling the car into first while still moving.聽

Thanks

I know on the s tronic auto box a similar issue can occur when the gearbox oil needs changing. Might be worth looking at? Alternatively the gear linkage for 1st could be loose which would prevent the gears being selected.聽

• 9 months later...
On 9/11/2021 at 4:05 PM, Shep said:

Hi all!聽

Just wondering if anyone else has experienced the same problem as me?

When slowing down for junctions and changing down through the gears (manual box) if I stop while still in second gear then try and change into first ready for setting off again, it won't let me go into first or any other gear?? I have to switch the car off and back on again before it let's me carry on.. needles to say, not much fun on busy bits of road or at traffic lights 馃が. The car in question is a B9 A4 2.0 tdi 150ps. (57K)

Problem seems to be intermittent or that I've just got used to rolling the car into first while still moving.聽

Thanks

Did you ever solve this? We鈥檙e having same issue with ours

21 hours ago, Welshwizard999 said:

Did you ever solve this? We鈥檙e having same issue with ours

I'd recommend a diagnostic check. Also worth seeing when the gearbox oil was last changed. It could also be the module.聽