Windscreen Wiper Marks - A3 8V

ZEROH

Hey guys!

First time poster looking for some advice regarding windscreen mark issues!

A little over a year ago I was fortunate to pick up my first Audi; A low mileage 2016 A3 Sportback with S line trim. 

It’s been my pride and joy during commutes to and from work, however I can’t help but question the quality of the glass used on the front windscreen. 

Over the last couple of months I’ve replaced the front wiper blades twice after noticing a number of hairline marks developing on the drivers side. 

63E10E71-6D95-4210-B364-724E7C0293ED.thumb.jpeg.b933fef23aa35fc45ab9d697cd61b445.jpeg

In recent weeks these have started to form into larger arcs which has left me stumped. 

All parts are genuine and I wash my car religiously / keep it covered over night. So I’m baffled to how passing dirt can cause this much damage. 

It’s now to the point that I clean both wiper blades before I jump in the car for even the shortest drives.  

After dropping the car off at my local Audi dealership for a review they’ve assured me there aren’t any faults with the newly replaced blades, wiper arms or windscreen (but still charged me for a fresh pair of blades 😔) 

Has anyone experienced anything similar to this? Am I focussing too much on my windscreen or is there something genuinely flawed here?

Any thoughts, fixes or recommendations would really be appreciated. 

Hello Nath,

Thanks for being in touch with the forum.

Were the Audi dealership able to confirm that the windscreen in the car, is the one originally fitted when new - and in fact did they check for that? 

I seem to recall that some replacement screens have been criticised for being far more prone to marking than the original build ones were. 
Kind regards,

Gareth. 

Hey Gareth,

Thanks for the speedy response, good question. 

I have scanned through the service history i have but can’t find any formalised notice of a replacement but have yet to clarify with the dealerships records. I can confirm that the current screen is an official part (it has the Audi badge) but that’s about it.

I don’t suppose you know of any formalised documentation regarding these replacement screen issues that I can use as leverage?

Sadly I doubt the garage will willingly replace the screen if it was an issue from the previous owner but I will see what comes of querying the history.

All ears if anyone has any tips to reduce any further markings in the meantime.

Thanks again,

Nath