Having a nightmare!!!!!

Karl280

hi guys,

just joined on here because I thought tomorrow was the day I finally got my Q7!!!

4 long weeks I have been looking for the right one in my budget but the dealer now messing me around with broken promises.

so started looking again today and found one 2007 Q7 with 84000 on the clock .

never thought I would get one that low on mileage (BUT!) the dealer says it has no service history at all.He says he thinks it’s genuinely been lost,I don’t know what to do 

I know it’s always a gamble but my head is shot with the amount of Q7s I have seen recently .Havd found ones with 140000 and loads of history some with less miles and less history .

have worked flat out for nearly a year to save for my dream car and it’s turning into a nightmare!

just wondered if you guys who have some wisdom could give me have any advice 

I would be so grateful 

Hi if its an Audi dealer they have any previous service records on record which is not deleted until they are informed the vehicle is scrapped or written off, if its a general trade dealer  they tend to lie about most instances like that because they can't be bothered to dig for it.

Used to be the address of the previous owner was on the log book which was helpful but they stopped doing that,  just the number of former keepers now, if you are halfway set on it get either a friend who knows about cars to look at it or alternatively the Full Monty AA inspection those guys are paid to find any faults and although not cheap may well save you a fortune in the future if you had ended up buying a LEMON, the only thing they can't check accurately is the cam belt therefore if you buy the car that would be your first line of defence change the cam belt and have a full service.

Steve.

Hi it probably is but only if you do the appropriate checks as described especially the inspection and the service etc, especially if its a dealership service history from Audi my car had that and believe me they had not done half of what was printed on the sheet, if its a higher milage car with full service history collated by the owner with bills to match from a local garage they are always worth a punt as any owner who does that has been meticulous about the cars upkeep.

Steve.