2016 Audi A4 S-Line - Knocking noise from pedals/footwell

zaybntd

Hi everyone,

Purchased a 2016 Audi A4 S-Line on Friday (8th October 2021) from Yorkshire and drove it back to Birmingham. I parked up somewhere and it was off for about an hour, got back in the car and drove it home and there was a persistent knocking kind of sound coming from the pedals/drivers footwell - there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason for when the knocking happens, it happens when we press the pedals down and it happens when the pedals are already pressed down. I've added a video of the knocking sound to see if anyone else has had the same problem? It's really annoying because we've literally had the car for 2 days and already we're having to run around to mechanics to get it checked - not ideal.

btw in the video - the knocking is not coming from anywhere else except in the footwell/from the pedals, it's not my feet tapping on the pedals or the phone tapping on anything.

Thank you

• 1 year later...

Any luck in the diagnosis of this. I have a similar issue. When pulling away, and sometimes when stoping but most noticeable when manoeuvring and slow speeds say a 3 point turn. At any normal speed it’s not really existent or noticeable 

• 1 month later...